Living in the shadows

Seven

"Josie I saw them bury you how can this be?" he asked.
"I became a ghost and then Alex freed me." I replied.
James let go of me and hugged Alex. Alex didn't seem like he wanted to be hugged my an strange, old man so I pulled James off of him and asked, "Where is Sandi and Maggie and Randy?"
James sighed then sat back down at the table. "Your not gonna like what you hear."
"James tell me."
"After you died we realized that you were the friend who kept us together. Sandi commited suicide and in her good-bye note she said that she would be visiting you, Maggie went to live with her hippie boyfriend and she lives up in the trailor park now, and Randy well he died of a drug overdose."
I sat down and said,"So you and Maggie are the only ones still alive?" I asked.
James nodded.
"I have to go see Maggie." I said, then left the restraunt.
Me and Alex went to the trailor park and found Maggie's trailor. It was small and beat-up. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later an old woman opened the door. She looked hung-over.
"Maggie?" I asked.
"Who's asking?"
"Josie."
Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Josie." she wispered.
I nodded.
She shook her head and said,"No it is just my imagination I need to stop drinking vodka."
"No Maggie it's really me I was a ghost but Alex freed me."
She shook her head and closed the door. I burst out in tears and ran back to the house. I ran upstairs and laid on the bed and cried until Alex came up there and laid down beside me and rubbed my back.
"Josie it's ok shhh." he said.
"No it isn't." I cried through sobs.
"Baby everything is gonna be ok."
"No it isn't."
"Josie look it is because your not living in the shadows anymore." he said, picking me up and putting my head to his chest. I could hear his heart beat. "Now when you were a ghost I could hold you or touch you," he lifted my face so that he could see it "And I could do this either." His lips mine and sparks flew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is short. I have a short attention span...