Airplane.

1/1

“Please don’t go.” I said, running to catch up with him. My little legs couldn’t keep up with his long stride unless I ran. I tugged on his shirt sleeve, stopping him. His eyes were cold as he looked down at me.

“Why? Give me one good reason why I should stay. There’s no reason. She doesn’t like me, she likes him, you’ll have him, and you’ll be best friends with him. Everything is fine.” He said, his voice hard. I opened and closed my mouth, searching my brain for something. A little thought crossed my mind, but before I could stop them, the words were tumbling out.

“Because I love you! Okay, because I’m in love with you, because I have been for some time now, because I wish you were mine, because I wish it was me you would hold hands with, because I love you.” The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them, and I clapped my hand over my mouth. It was too late, the expression on his face reading shock.

“…what?” I sighed, dropping my hand.

“I love you. I’ve been in love with you. I…” I trailed off, unable to explain or get myself out of this situation. I looked away, past him, to the airplanes taking off in the window behind him.

“…really?” He asked after a moment of silence. I nodded, still unable to look at him. I felt his hand move my chin so I could look at him, but I made my eyes look down.

“Look at me.” His voice was soft, quiet, encouraging. I looked up slowly, my dark eyes meeting his ice blue ones. They were warm now, searching my face. I stayed silent through his searching, watching his eyes as they darted over my face.

Suddenly he pulled me against him, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his slight frame, burying my face in his chest. I felt his lips brush my head, and then he stepped back.

“I have to go.” He said, leaning down to meet my eyes. “But I’ll come back.” I nodded, still a little in shock of what had just happened.

“I promise.” He said, brushing his lips against my cheek before walking away with his suitcase in hand. I waved, even though he couldn’t see me, and then put my hand against my cheek, a smile spreading over my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
just something i had to get off my chest.