‹ Prequel: For Tomorrow

The Future Looks Bright

Vin.

I didn't like being alone because that's when that woman would sneak her way into my head. She would poison my mind and that was it: I was alone. I couldn't do anything to get her words out of my head. I would be stuck crying myself to sleep, and then waking up with that horrible headache would only just be a reminder.

It didn't help that I missed Gage like crazy. I needed him so badly to tell me that everything was going to be okay. I needed to hold him close to me and kiss him. It was an action that I had grown so fond of that I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I couldn't do it anymore. It was a mistake coming here, I began to think. It drives me crazy knowing that she is back home. I shouldn't have caused so much trouble. I should have just stayed back home and let her take me away again. It wouldn't be the best, but at least I would have been able to see Gage a little longer. You have to take the good with the bad.

-

Claude was over early today. He made me breakfast, since I was so exhausted from staying up so late the night before. Of course, he didn't even have to ask why I wasn't really in a good mood. He knew that I was worried and scared that my mom was out of jail. Angel didn't even think, when he told him.

Angel wasn't home, and I didn't really mind. It was much quieter. I sat on one side of the couch, while Claude sat on the other. The cushion between us our feet shared, and we stared at the television. It wasn't late enough to watch anything good, so we were flipping through the channels. I think we even watched a little bit of the Power Rangers.

The door in the kitchen opened, and no one called out to us, so I didn't move my eyes from the T.V. set. They even walked into the living room, and Claude shifted slightly. I let my head fall to the arm rest of the couch. I was in desperate need of a shower, I knew that since I woke up, but I hadn't had enough energy to, yet. Claude muttered a small 'Hey,' and Angie responded cheerfully. I rubbed my eyes, trying to desperately wake up. As soon as I took my hands away from my eyes, Claude turned the television off, and he climbed off the couch.

"Angie, why didn't you call when you were coming back?"
"Didn't think about it. Sorry, man."

"Seriously? You didn't even think about it?"
"Nope. Want to help get his stuff?"

"Fine. I guess so..."

I finally took my eyes away from the blank T.V. screen and saw Angie and Claude walking into the kitchen. I slowly followed, and as soon as I got to the doorway, I instantly wished I looked nicer, better, cleaner.

"Vinny!" Gage ran over to me, and the first grin of the morning came to my cheeks. I laughed lightly and hugged him. Gage was the only person who wouldn't care how bad I looked because he loves me. He didn't even say anything about my greasy hair, but instead said those three words that I needed to hear all morning, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

I've never meant anything as much as I meant this, and I didn't really care who was around to hear me say it because my feelings for him would never change. I love Gage, and I always will. For the rest of my life, I plan to be with him. In a way, yes, my mom is going to try to make my life a hell, but that isn't anything to how Gage makes me feel. Instead, the future looks bright because I have all that I ever want: Gage.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

PS. Check out our new story: Not a Soul.
First chapter isn't out yet, but will be tomorrow.