If I stay

If i stay, are you sure I won't miss out?

As the large wooden door opened, screams erupted from the rooms inside. Shouts of “they’re here!” and “I wonder what they look like” surrounded us for a few seconds before a loud “Everybody just shut up!” emanated from behind the wooden barrier. Quiet scolding could be heard before the door was opened wider, reveling a small, portly woman wearing a bright yellow dress that was decorated with sun flowers and bumble bees, stretching down to reach her Birkenstock clad feet.
“Hello, dears. I’m Ms. Kenzington, but most of the children call me Kenz or Kenzi. You must be Addisyn.” She said, extending a hand forward to latch on to the one I had only just taken from the handle of Khrysty’s chair. “And you’re Khrysty?” she asked my younger sister, putting forward the same soft hand that I had just shaken. “And this little cutie must be Ashlynn! Hi there sweetie!” Kenz smiled and made faces at her as the baby in my arms giggled shyly and snuggled deeper into the crook of my neck.
“Um. Yeah. Hi.” I told Kenz, smiling weakly and subtly trying to catch a look inside of the house.
“Officer Lucy.” Kenz said with a nod before turning back to the house as Officer Lucy came to hug me.
“I hope everything goes well for you girls. I sincerely do. You’re great kids and I know that you’ll find loving families.” With that, she turned around and walked out of our lives, quickly getting into the van and speeding off down the street.
As I turned back to Kenz, I realized something. Lucy had said ‘families’. As in, plural. She had confirmed my biggest fear. We wouldn’t stay together. Nobody would want all three of us. Only the youngest two. I was going to be here for three years but then I was off, on my own. Then I would find my sisters and we would build our life back up.
“Alright, come along, sweeties.” Kenz sang, motioning me forward with one hand as she held the door open with the other. I struggled to push Khrysty with one hand and, by some miracle of fate, succeeded in wheeling her through the door and into the carpeted entry hall.
“We have about thirty children here including you. The rooms are organized by age and gender. There is, however, one room if you would all like to share. The only occupant is four-year-old Darcy. She has her own room because she’s never really gotten along with the other children. She has a very unique personality.” Kenz said, leading us down a hallway into what looked like a formal living room.
“Children!” She sang, calling all the residents of the Boston Orphanage to the room where I now stood, one hand cradling my sister, the other hand positioned protectively on Khrysty’s shoulder.
Mechanically, all the kids lined up in front of us in what seemed to be age order and began introductions. The first girl was tall with long flowing dark brown hair. She was slim and had big feet. She wore what looked like a j crew sweater and a faded pair of black super skinnys.
“Hi. I’m Morgan Elizabeth. I’m seventeen.” She said boardly before stepping back into place.
The next boy was attractive with dyed black hair and snake bites. He slouched over a bit in his worn black Metallica shirt.
“Hey.” He intoned with a small wave, “I’m Jordan Tyler. I’m sixteen.”
The line went on until all the kids had stepped forward, stated their first names, middle names, and age. As the last child took her place in front of the others, I couldn’t help but feel drawn to her in some way.
“I’m Darcy Sofia. I’m four.” The small, black haired girl who’s nose slightly reminded me of mine, stepped quickly back into the line as Kenz told me to step forward and introduce myself.
Feeling like I was at an AA meeting, I stepped forward, pushing Khrysty in front of me.
“Um, hello. I’m Addisyn Delilah. I’m fifteen. This is Khrysanthemum Olivia. She’s eleven. And this is Ashlynn Rose. She’s one and a half.” I quickly and quietly stated our names and ages before pulling Khrysty back to where Kenz was standing.
As Kenz dismissed everybody, she took a hold of Darcy’s shoulder. “Come dear.” She said, nudging her towards us.
“You’re going to share a room with these girls, okay?” With a quick nod, Darcy scampered off down the hall without a backwards look.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAYYYY sorry for the long wait on this one! i went to my aunts house over the four day weekend.
the next chapters are coming up soon. after i get my bio and history homework done. i have a few ideas so we'll see how they play out.
no a7x this chapter but i swear they're coming up soon. i just came up with a new twist that includes them so beeee excited!!!
Anyhow!
i'd like to thank all my commenters readers and subscribers. you guys rock my world.
also!
IF ANYONE WANTS A CHARACTER
message me.
i just need the
name
age
hobbies
and
general appearance (optional)

thanks and love you lots!
xxx.c