Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

Chapter 18

Lexie's POV

I woke up to Brian softly snoring in my ear.I stretched and got out of bed.I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine.I walked out of the bathroom the steam from the warm water came out after me.

I put my Hooter's outfit on and walked to the kids room.They were up,watching Spongebob of course.I kissed their heads and wrote a quick note for Bri.

I walked out to my car and drove to work.It was twenty minutes before I had to be there and it was just a ten minute drive so I stopped by McDonald's and got pancakes.

I put one of Avenged's cds in and rocked out to "Lost".I pulled into the parking lot and got a bunch of weird stares since my volume was really loud.I glared back at the people staring at me.

I turned the engine off and stepped out bringing my phone and purse in with me.

"Hey sexy Lexie!"Nicole shouted.I laughed.Aaron glanced towards us and blushed.I knew she had a thing for Jimbo.Shame he's married to Leana,actually that a shame for her not for me I love Leana to death.

"Hey Aaron."I said.Aaron waved then turned away.Nicole stared at me funny.I shrugged.

"Maybe she's PMSing."I whispered.Nicole shrugged.I sat on the counter,nobody was coming in today.Maybe they'd rather stay home with their family than come here and see girls with their boobs halfway out the shirts.

I hate my job,I never said I loved it.I looked down at what Nicole threw in my face.I glanced at the job she had circled.

"It's a bar and they need two bartender."She smirked at me.I noticed Aaron coming so I swiftly hid the paper in my apron.

"Stop talking girls and get to work,Lexie can I talk to you in private?"She asked.I nodded and stepped away from Nicole.

"If any of those boys come back here I will fire you!"She scolded.I stared at her like she was mad.

"What the hell?! You can't fire me cause my friends come here to eat,you're just jealous cause none of them even glanced your way!"I shouted.I was pissed,no I was beyond pissed.

I stormed over to the counter where Nicole was and threw my apron at the door Aaron went to.Thankfully for me I had clothes in my purse in case of emergencies.I went to the bathroom and changed into my tank top and faded jeans.

Aaron was now yelling at Nicole.I glared at the woman.She was really pissing me off and this was probably a lot of stress on Nic and she doesn't need that especially since she's pregnant.

"I quit and leave Nicole alone you fucking bitch."I seethed while throwing my uniform into Aaron's face.

"You do know that your slut of a friend is pregnant which means she's fired."Aaron growled.If anybody else were manager they wouldn't fire Nic they'd give her time off but not with Aaron the Almighty Bitch.

Nic changed out of her uniform and gave it to Aaron.She had to walk outside in nothing but her underwear.That's how cold hearted Aaron is.I had a jacket in my car for Nicole.

"You okay Nic?"I asked.I noticed she was crying.I patted her knee and drove to the nearest store to buy her some pants.

I quickly ran in and grabbed a small pair of sweats then gave them to Nic.We went back to Matt's and she laid on the couch.I went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and her a juice.

Matt was staring at Nicole like she was a hobo who randomly walked into his house.I cleared my throat and Matt looked at me.

"Who's this girl asleep on my couch?"He asked.I sighed.

"It's Nicole,she's pregnant and Aaron fired her."I explained.Matt nodded.He seemed a little stressed.

"What's wrong big cousin?"I asked.He shook his head.

"Val problems again."He whispered.I nodded.I pulled him into the kitchen so we wouldn't wake Nic up.

"What happened this time?"I asked.Matt kept his eyes on the ground.I pulled his head up so our eyes met.I could tell he'd been crying,again.

"She said she's sick of me not spending any time with her,she wants a divorce."I know how much Valary means to Matt and it tore me apart to see him in this much pain.

"Well she's making the biggest mistake of her life,you'll find a girl who'll always stand by your side and have more faith in you than Val."I said.We stopped our conversation when Nic walked in.

"Lexie do you have any asprin I have a -"She stopped talking when she saw Matt.Her eyes were puffy and her make-up was messed up.I knew she'd yell at me for not telling her about Matt.

Nic ran out of the kitchen and back into the living room.I laughed at her childish movements.Matt had a small smile on his face.

"What's her name again?"He asked dreamily.

"Nicole."I told him before going after my best friend who was probably going to throw pillows at me.

It suddenly dawned on me Brian and the kids weren't here.I swiftly went back to Matt and asked him about it.

"Bri took them to his house."I nodded then went to help Nic.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't have anything against Val I just had to get her out of the way for plans I made for Matt.