Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

chapter 2

I put Andrew and Haleigh on Matt's bed for a nap."Those are some cute kids you have there."Bri said.

"Thanks."I murmured.

"I'm sorry about Courtney being so rude,she gets jealous sometimes."He told me.I shrugged.Courtney came into the room.

"Syn I wanna go home so we can do dirty stuff."She cooed while running her hand up and down his chest.

"His name is Brian not Syn!"I whispered.

"Babe later I wanna spend time with Lexie and the guys."Bri told her.She started pouting.Brian sighed and pulled out his wallet."Here go wherever you want."He said.

She glanced at the bills he slipped in her hand."I'll need more!"She exclaimed.I looked at it and he'd given her about six hundred dollars!Brian scoffed.

"Do I look like a damn money tree?!"He yelled.Courtney inch towards the door and ran out.Bri stared at the floor hard.

"You okay?"I asked.He nodded.

"Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choices."I heard him whisper.

"Don't we all."I told him.I glanced at my babies on the bed and smiled.Brian followed my gaze.

"So you're a single mom?"He asked.I nodded."What ass would let you raise those kids by yourself?"

"One who doesn't know they're his kids."Brian stared at me like I'd grown another head.

"Why haven't you told the guy?"He asked.

"I don't want to ruin his life,he moved on while I can't because I still love him."