Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

Chapter 20

Normal POV

I was laying down with Bri in his bed.We'd left Matt's and decided since we didn't have the kids we'd spend time together.

"Baby."Brian said.I glanced up at him.

"What is it sweetie?"I asked.

"I want you and the kids to move in,I mean we're engaged and we have kids so why not,right?"He rambled.I thought about this.He had a point.We are engaged and we do have kids.

"Of course Bri."I said snuggling up to him more.

"Baby you just made me a very happy man."He stated.I giggled.Yes my mind was in the gutter."And you make me happy that way too."

I couldn't contain my laughter this time.Brian shoved me and turned on his side.

"Awe look at the baby!"I cooed.Bri crossed his arms over his chest and huffed.I rubbed his back and kissed his neck softly.

"Don't be this way baby,we have the house all to ourselves so why not take advantage of it?"I reasoned.

Brian's lips attacked mine hungrily.I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed back forcefully.

Then my cell went off.I pulled away from Brian and looked at the screen Papa Gates popped up.

I pushed Bri off me and answered.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry to interupt you guys but Haleigh's very sick."He said.Worry washed over me quickly.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."I assured him.I closed my phone and slipped my flip flops on.

"Haleigh's sick,I'm gonna go get her,It's probably her allergies acting up again but I don't wanna risk it."I explained.Bri nodded in agreement.

I got in the car and he got in the passenger seat.I rested my hand on the consol and Brian's large warm hand was placed over mine.

Brian turned the radio on to drown the silence.I had my Staind cd in."Everything Chances" started playing.

I started singing along.

"I am the mess you chose the closet you cannot close the devil in you I suppose cause the wounds never heal..."

Brian smiled at me.He's always liked it when I sang.He used to say I was the only girl that could put him to sleep in a good way.

"I love you so much Sexy Lexie."He told me.I blushed.Whenever he called me "Sexy Lexie" it made the blood rush to my face.

"I love you too Junior."I smirked.He growled at me playfully.We pulled into his dad's driveway and I got out telling Bri I'd get the kids.

I knocked on the door and was met by Suzy and a crying Haleigh.I took my baby girl into my arms and rocked her.Drew walked out caring their bag.

"Bye Grampa Gates by Grandma Suzy."Drew said while running to the car.Once Haleigh saw Brian her tears stopped.

"Daddy!"She screamed.She struggled to get out of my grasp and almost fell.

She crawled into the car and sat on Brian's other knee that was occupied by Drew.

"Bye Papa Gates,thank you Suzy."I said.She nodded and hugged me quickly before I sprinted to my car.Bri had the kids buckled up and ready to go home.

We got home around eight and the twins were very tired.

I got Drew and Bri got Haleigh.It suprised me how much of a Daddy's girl she became in the short time she's known her father.

I laid Drew in our bed.We would need to get the kids' things from Matt's tomorrow but for now they can share the king size bed with me and Bri.

I felt Haleigh's head and she felt a little warm.I frowned.She never runs temperatures like that.I got the kids' thermometer out of their bag.

I took her temperature and it was 98.9.I picked her up and ran a warm bath for her to soak in.I filled the tub up less than half way and sat her down.She looked so bad it made me wanna cry.

"Bri could you run to the store and buy some children's medicine for her please?"I asked.I heard him grunt and the car pull out.

"I want Daddy!"Haleigh sobbed.I had no idea what she could have but if it continues we're going to the doctor...on Easter.

I got her out of the tub and dried her off.I guess this wasn't a bug that could be sweated out.I laid her on the bed in shorts and a tank top.I wet a rag with cool water and put it on her head til Bri could get back.

What's taking him so long?I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna try to update at least once a week and if I don't send me hate mail please lol I'm thinking I may end this story around chapter 30 or something like that...I haven't decided yet.

I'm also working on a Ronnie Radke story you should check it out...please :)