Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

chapter 21

I was currently in the kitchen watching the children run around.Brian came in last night around eleven,he was attacked by several fans, and Haleigh took the medicine.She was at a normal temperature this morning and begged me to let her get out of bed.

So now I was fixing breakfast while Bri hid the eggs we painted last night with the kids after he got home.

"Mommy where's Daddy?"Drew asked.I flipped the pancake over and began getting the plates out of the cabinet.

"He's working on something,but you can't bother him right now, okay?"I told my two year old son.

"Otay Mommy I won't bother Daddy."He said before chasing his sister around the table.I wish I would have brought their Easter baskets over here but I thought they'd be at Papa Gates so I left them at Matt's.

Brian walked in and winked at me.I looked at what he was pointing to.

"How'd those get here?"I asked him.

"Matt just brought them by he's on his way to your parent's."He whispered.I nodded.We had so much to do today.

"Hey look at what the Easter bunny brought you."Bri called to the kids.I heard two pairs of feet running towards us.

"Wow I thought the Easter Bunny forgot us."Haleigh said,which made me feel like shit.I'd been so busy I'd forgotten to take them to get their picture with the Easter Bunny.

Brian noticed my change in mood and wrapped his arm around me.

"It's okay baby we all forget."He mumbled.I nodded and kissed his cheek.

After the kids ate a majority of their candy and played with the toys we had in the baskets we got ready and went to my parent's house.

Matt's car was in the driveway.I walked inside and Matt's parents were there too.

"Look at little Lexie and the babies!"Matt's mom squeaked.I giggled.Mom walked out of the kitchen and hugged him.

"The foods almost done sweethearts,oh so you finally told him."She smirked.I nodded.Dad came out of his office and hugged me.

"Is that an engagement ring I see?"He asked.I nodded.I'd forgotten to tell the family about it.

The food was ready and we all sat around the table.Graci-Ann,my adopted sister, said the prayer.I fixed Drew's plate while Brian did Haleigh's.

We joked around with my family before saying good-bye and going to Brian's parent's.

"Ah how is my little granddaughter?"Papa Gates asked.She giggled and ran to him.

"Grampa Gates!"She screamed.McKenna peeked out,she was at a friends house last night,she saw me and Bri then smiled.I waved at her.

"Lexi-bear!"She yelled then attacked my waist.I wrapped my arms around the small girl.Suzy walked out and smiled.

"Hey Bri the guys are here."She announced.Brian went inside along with Papa Gates.I was left with the children.

"You know just cause I'm the shortest adult here doesn't mean I have to be treated like I child."I cried.I heard laughter and Bri walked back out.
McKenna dragged me into the house as my toddlers follow.

Haleigh sat down on McKenna's bed and Drew played with some toy that was sitting in the floor.

"I missed you so much Lexie!"McKenna said.I smiled at her.

"I missed you too Ken Ken."I said.We got called down to the kitchen to eat.We ate and chatted every now and then.

It was around two now and I had to go to Nicole's since she doesn't really have family.

"Bri I'll be right back,are we still going to Matt's?"I asked.He nodded and I ran up to Nic's apartment.I knocked on her door and Matt answered.

"Um?"was the only thing to pass my lips.

"I think I should get going to my house,to set up and all.."Matt said awkwardly.

"Wait Matt can Nic come too?"I asked.His eyes lit up.

"Of course."He replied before running down the hall.

I walked inside the apartment and saw Nicole walk out of the bathroom in nothing but a robe.

"Did he leave?"She asked sadly.I nodded.

"He wants to know if you'd like to come to his party we're having at his house."I told her.She smiled.

"Of course!"She shouted.I watched as she scrambled around the room looking for something to wear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter
here's my present to you lol
I might update again later depends on if I'm busy or not