Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

chapter 23

I had fallen asleep on our bed.We were gonna 'move in' today.All of our stuff was still in the car.Brian was in the bathroom taking a shower and the kids were still in their pjs watching Spongebob.

I walked downstairs and realized Bri had brought the bags inside.I grabbed a few of the kids and moved them inside the closets.

"Oh my gosh Brian did you go get their beds?"I asked looking at the beds identical to Drew and Haleigh's.I felt his muscular arms wrap around me.

"Yeah I did baby."His hot breath blew against my neck.I leaned back into him and felt at peace.He removed his arms and started moving the kids' things in.

Drew walked in complaining about his arm falling asleep.I rubbed his arm and kissed his cheek.I let Brian finish the work and fixed lunch for Drew since Haleigh was asleep.

"Andrew go wake sissy please."Drew got up from the table and ran to the room his sister was sleeping in.Moments later he walked back with a very sleepy Haleigh.

I placed the hamburgers on the table for them and made some more for Bri.I fixed me a turkey sandwich since I used up all the beef.

Brian walked down with paint on his forehead and his hair going every which way.

"Babe I made you some burgers."I told him while finishing the last bite of my sandwich.He kissed my cheek and dug in.I went upstairs to see what he had done and it looked really good.

The walls to our bedroom were a creme color and the room was completely vacant.I wondered where he put the furniture at.I was about to walk out when I found the furniture.It was in the kid's room.

Brian came back up and smiled at me."I see you found the furniture."He chuckled.I nodded.The walls were dry now so we moved the bed in first.Haleigh and Drew came running around us.I groaned.I pecked Bri on the cheek then took the kids outside to play,and stay out of their daddy's way.

Brian's POV

I watched Lexie walk out of the house with our children.My heart was pounding in my chest hard when I saw the mail guy flirting with her.She was trying to drop hints that she wasn't interested,but knowing Lexie she wasn't the best at letting guys off.

I shoved the dresser against the wall hard and stormed outside.

"What seems to be the problem baby?"I asked.The guy frowned.I glared at him and wrapped my tattooed arm around her thin waist.

"um erm..."Lexie started.

"Jermey."The guy said.

"Jermey was just giving me the mail and leaving."She growled.Haleigh and Drew were still playing tag oblivious to the drama that was going on in front of them.Jermey handed Lexie the mail and stormed to the next house.I kissed my gorgeous finace` on her tender lips then went to do my 'manly' work.

I finished moving the furniture around to my liking and doing the same to the other rooms I had painted and rearranged.

It then dawned on me,Lexie and I had been engaged for quite sometime and we hadn't even planned a single thing for the wedding!

I washed up for dinner,that Lex would be cooking like always, then changed into shorts and a 'Syn' tee.

She was just setting the table for me and our kids.I decided we'd talk after dinner.She made taco salad,something I had been craving lately.

I fixed Drew's plate while she got Haleigh something.Lexie went to the fridge and got two cokes out and Mountain Dew to put in Drew and Haleigh's sippies.

"Baby this is really good."I complimented.Lexie blushed and whispered a thank you.

I studied her features as she ate.It facinated me how beautiful and down to earth she was.She caught me looking and shifted awkwardly under my stare.I fixed my stare on my plate.

It felt like high school all over again.You find the cute girl,stare at her during lunch,get caught,then looking away.Only in this situation it's my soon to be wife.We ate in silence and put the kiddies to bed.

Lexie went to our room and changed into one of my shirts and some shorts.I walked over to her and placed kisses down from her forehead to her lips.

"Baby we've been engaged for a while and we don't have anything planned for the wedding yet."I told her.She nodded.

"I was just thinking the same thing when I was cooking."She yawned.It was quiet for a minute or so.

"Babe why were you staring at me earlier?"She blurted out.I sighed.

"I was,well I was admiring your beauty."I whispered turning my head so she wouldn't see the blood that had rushed to my cheeks.

"Brian Haner are you blushing?!"She asked excitedly.I glared at her then laid on the bed.I buried my face into the pillow and told her to go away jokingly.She got up to go away but I caught her arm.

"I love you."I told her pulling her down ontop of my chest.

"I love you too."She yawned then I heard her breathing lighten.I smiled thinking about how our wedding would be and who would be the best man and all that good stuff.I couldn't wait to be married to Lexie,she's so amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to make this extra long to make up for being such a jerk.