Sequel: Age Is But A Number

I Am the Mess You Chose

chapter 34

Brian POV

We were going to get Drew and Haleigh today. Dad and Suzy didn't wanna give them up. I guess when we go on our honeymoon we'll have to let the kids with them.

"Brian sweetie come on."Lexie called. She was dressed in one of my designer shirts and a pair of cut off jeans.

I got up and followed her to the car. She got in the drivers seat. I propped my legs up on the dash as we drove to Dad's.

"I can't wait to have them back home."Lexie told me. I nodded. It seemed empty at the house without them. Lexie sipped some of her passion fruity drink thing.

We pulled into the driveway and Drew came sprinting out of the house and into his mother's arms. Haleigh walked out next rubbing her eyes.

"Daddy."She yelled excitedly when she saw me. She jummped into my arms and wrapped her small arms around me.

"Bri could you come here for a minute?"Dad asked from the door. I nodded and handed Haleigh to Lexie. I watched her buckle the twins into their carseats before going to Dad.

"What is it?"I asked.

"I just wanted to talk about the wedding."He said. I nodded for him to go on.

"Well what are you wearing I don't wanna show up and us match."He joked. I knew that wasn't what he wanted.

"What's the real reason you wanted to talk to me Dad?"He asked.

"Well Suzy and I were wondering where the kids were gonna be while you're on the honeymoon?"He asked. I smirked.

"We were hoping you'd keep them for us."

"Of course we will!"Suzy exclaimed. Dad smiled and pulled her into a hug. McKenna came running down the stairs at that moment.

"Brian wait give this to Hales."She huffed. I took the small dress from her and smiled. She was a really good aunt.

"Okay I will Kenna love you."I said pulling her into a hug and kissing her forehead. I stood and hugged Dad and Suzy.

"I'll try to be here in a few days."I told them. I went to the car and Lexie ran inside real quick. I got in the car with the kids and waite for her to come back.

"Mommy sick."Drew whispered to Haleigh.

"Did your Mommy tell you that?"I asked. Drew nodded. I sighed. She should have told me or I wouldn't have let her out. I moved over to the driver's seat.

Lexie walked out of the house waving to the family. She went to the passenger's seat and curled up to the seat.

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"I asked.

"Oh I didn't think it was necessary,It's probably just some little bug going around."She mumbled.

I let out a sigh of relief. She had this nervous look on her face though. It had me worried all over again.

"Is there something you need?"I aske. She nodded.

"Just stop by CVS real quick and I'll be out in a minute."She said. I nodded.

I put the car in park as she ran into the store. I turned on the radio to get rid of the silence. Haleigh fell asleep cuddling up to the side of her seat.

'I'm Awesome by Spose' came on. I was getting sick of this song. Everywhere I go I hear people singing it.

Lexie walked back out fifteen minutes later a shocked look on her face. I furrowed my brows.

What's going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Mwahahaha cliff hanger ...sorta