Status: starter

Tree Top Children

Runaway

Amelia jumped in the back of the car as her mother started driving . Miss Laura asked ;
- So how was the first day of school?
- It was fine. All of my friends were there!
- ' You have any homework?
Amelia sighed as she remembered :
- Yeah, I have homework from history! But Its first day, thats not fair!!
Miss Laura chuckled. Amelia frowned. When they arrived home, Amelia jumped out of the car and entered the house. After eating lunch she went up to her room to do her homework. Amelia opened her book and took out a pencil. She sighed and tried to concentrate. But something was interrupting her thoughts : a bird''s voice. It was like the hoot of an owl. Amelia waited for the bird to become silent. But the hoot became even louder! Amelia felt furious and walked towards the window, she opened it and yelled ; " Shut up you stupid bird!".
" I take offense on that!"

Amelia gasped and looked down to the street, where the voice came from. It was Timothy! He laughed. Amelia yelled at him;
- I'm trying to make my homework up here!
- Whatever! I have good news for you! We're all going down-town! You know.. hangin' around! Do you wanna come?
Amelia shrugged and looked over her shoulder. Her history study book was laying open on her desk, waiting for her. Amelia turned back at Timothy and called at him,
- I cant, sorry. I'd better finish my homework!
- Well.. OK then, I'll go cuz the others are waiting ! See you Amelia!
Amelia watched him become distant, just before she lost him out of sight she called after him again; " Timothy! Wait come back!". Timothy turned back immediently, grinning. He stood in front of Amelia's house and asked , " So you changed your mind?" . Amelia bit her lip and nodded smiling. Then she took her phone and wallet , put on her shoes and sat beside the window ledge, hanging her legs down. " Only If you catch me!" she said laughing. Timothy smiled and walked into Amelia's garden and stood close to her window. Amelia took a deep breath and looked down, 3 meters maybe.. Timothy would catch her. Amelia gulped and jumped down to the garden. She closed her eyes , for a moment she was falling and then she crashed into Timothy. Amelia opened her eyes but they both tumbled on the grass for a few seconds. When they finally stopped tumbling; Amelia found herself on top of Timothy, gazing into his perfect hazel eyes. As soon as she realised what she was doing , she threw herself aside. They lay on the ground, embarresed of the situation. Then finally Amelia talked;
- You couldnt catch me!
She laughed and stood up, running out of the garden, towards the street. Timothy ran after her. Timothy talked while they were walking, "We are late! So before your mother figures out you left , lets hurry!". So they both ran , this time Timothy leading. When they finally saw the Tree Top Children they were all sitting on the pavement, they all stood up when they saw Timothy and Amelia. A small hill was going down to the town.Then Amelia saw the 12-person bike! It was so long with many seats and pedals. Amelia ran towards the bike screaming with excitement , "OH MY GOSH! This thing is HUGE!". Armon came close and said , "It was.. my dads." . Amelia smiled and sat on the last seat and placed her feet on the pedals. When everyone was on the bike, Amelia realised that Ginny Beth was sitting in front of her , with her long red hair. " Ok now , we start with the right pedal, lets go!" , heard Amelia, Armon yelling. So the long bike started going down the hill. Amelia pedaled as the bike became faster. It was raining a little and the cold breeze was hitting Amelia's face. She smiled with gladness, she felt as if she was flying. She opened her arms in both ways and closed her eyes. When she finally hold the handlebar again they were near the town. There were shops, cafes, counters. Amelia grabbed an apple from one of the counters as they passed it fastly. When the bike slowed down and stopped , Amelia realised they had stopped in front of a bookshop. They all got off the bike and entered the bookshop. The bookshop was silent, dusty, smelling like fresh ink and old pages. All of the children were walking between shelfs. Amelia stroke the edge of the books as she kept walking . She suddenly heard Armon's voice: "Hey Amelia." Amelia walked towards him. Armon was leaning against a shelf with a book in his hands. The book's name was , "The Emerald Chalet ( manor house , if you want to call it so :) + this is for the reader :) " . Armon smiled at Amelia and said, "This is the book my father read us every night. We were never sick of those stories, me and Veronica." . Amelia smiled back at him but when she saw tears sparkling in his eyes she was suprised. " Armon? Whats the problem?" . Armon gulped and answered, " Im great.. There is no problem." . He suddenly thrusted the book into Amelia's hands and walked away. Amelia stood there in silence. What was the problem with Armon?
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and subscribe and most important.. KEEP READING!