Status: starter

Tree Top Children

Organizing the Tree Tops

When Amelia woke up the next day It was still early for school. She got out of her bed and opened her phone, there was a text from Rosalie saying , "We're gonna organize the Tree Tops after school , bring things that can be usefull, OK?". She searched the house to find useful things and finally she came up with a rope, a chest, pieces of cotton .. Then she put all those things in her school bag.Amelia sighed and got back inside her bed. When she woke up later on and checked the time she gasped in horror. ONE HOUR! SHE WAS AN HOUR LATE TO SCHOOL! " Crap!" she said to herself and got out of bed , then she got dressed in a minute and grabbed her school bag. Then she ran downstairs to the kitchen and shouted at her mother :
- MOM ! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, DIDNT YOU REALIZE HOW LATE I AM TO SCHOOL? DID YOU EVER THINK OF WAKING ME UP??!!
-I tried Amelia! But you really dont wake up, I thought you were ill so I left you in bed!
-Damn It mom...
Amelia ran towards the door and put on her sneakers and grabbed a cupcake from the kitchen table . Then she said, "Dont bother going with car, I'll just run. I might be late, gonna stick with friends.." and left the house. She stuffed the cupcake in her mouth and started running as fast as she could. When Amelia arrived at school she was almost choking because of the cupcake. She entered the class without knocking on the door so everyone stared at her in suprise and the teacher looked at her furiously. " I am so so so sorry, Mrs Ruebun! I just couldnt wake up I was ill. I am so so sorry!". Mrs Ruebun raised her hand in the air and she fell silent. " Just shut your mouth Amelia and sit down. " , said the teacher. Amelia gulped and sat down beside Rosalie. She threw her bag on the floor and layed her head on the desk. Rosalie giggled and said , "You look, simply horrible Amelia!". Amelia raised her head and pushed away her hair from her face. " How do you except me to be? I didnt have breakfast, i ran to school and I am still sleepy!" whispered Amelia angrily. Rosalie rolled her eyes , "OK , OK. Relax , will you?". Amelia sighed. Her day wasnt quite good. When the school day ended, she was almost heading home but Rosalie stopped her and reminded ; " We are going to the Tree Tops Amelia, remember? Are you coming?". Amelia felt happier now. " Right , of course i remember, im coming!". They all gathered after school and started walking towards 'the wall.'
Amelia slowed down to talk to Armon. When they were walking side by side Amelia looked at him and said , " I am sorry about yesterday ... If I knew, I would never ... Anyway.. are you mad at me?". Armon watched the sky for a while and then stared at Amelia smiling , " Its not a big deal Amelia, seriously. Dont feel sorry. You didnt know.." . Amelia smiled in relief and said , " Thanks I really was afraid that you were never gonna talk to me again!" . Armon burst out a laugh and put his arm around Amelia, saying ; " Oh Amelia.. You are being funny!". Amelia smiled and they started walking to catch up with the rest of their friends. They arrived at 'the wall' and entered the forest, and soon they were flunging between the tree branches. When they arrived at the Tree Tops , Ella was the one who jumped on the ground first. Then they all jumped down and they got on the elevator-kinda-wood-platform :) . They got on the top of the tree soon enough.
" Now, everyone show me what you brought!" said Veronica and sat on a thick branch. Everyone started putting the things they brought in a box which was on Veronica's lap. Amelia sat on another branch and stared at the her other friends who were putting other stuff in the box. David came and sat beside her. Amelia turned to look at David and asked ;
- I wonder what will we use all this stuff! Some of them seem useless!
-Dont say so Amelia, everything is useful! Once in a while, we stay here at night, like a sleepover. Then , we need everything !
- You stay here at night? You sleep here at night?! What about your parents?
- Oh, they dont usually mind it that much.. Everyone's relaxed here. It is very fun also, one day you'll stay here too, with us of course!
Amelia smiled at him although she doubted she was that brave. They suddenly heard Rosalie calling at them ;
- Are you two thinking about helping us?
Amelia jumped on Rosalie's branch and asked her, " So how may I help you Rosalie?".
" Well you can help me hanging these hammocks between the trees !" said Rosalie and handed Amelia a hammock from her hands. So they started sliding halfway down the logs and hooking the hammocks to the trees.
When they were finally done with all the 13 hammocks they climbed back up, where their friends were sitting on different branches, tying coloured pieces of glass with strings to the higher branches. The soft sunlight was dancing between the branches and leaves, making the coloured pieces of glass glisten. Amelia sat on a branch and sighed. The view was great! Amelia continued climbing untill she reached the 'real' tree top. Amelia tried to keep her balance on the lover branches and then she pushed the green coloured branches away and stood stunned by a greater view. Most parts of the forest could be seen. The sky was sparkling with the colours of the sunset ; dark blue, pink, orange, silver... Amelia sighed. It was ... beautiful, fascinating.. "Isn't It beautiful?" asked a voice and Timothy's head popped
out of the leaves. Amelia gasped. Timothy's face was extremely close. She could feel his sweet breath in her face, and his eyes... Just as green as the forest and as dark as the ground. . His hair was falling in his face. " Yes.. Beautiful..." murmured Amelia as she kept staring at him, hypnotised. " I was talking about the forest view not about me but.. " said TÄ°mothy and winked at her. Amelia pulled herself together and answered him as quickly as she could " Oh shut it Timothy!" and then she slided down slowly.
It was getting late, It was time to go home. They finally decided to go back to the village. The organizing off the Tree Tops was done.
When they all arrived at the village, passing 'the wall'. Just when Amelia was heading home , she heard Veronica calling out to the Tree Top Children, involving her of course:
- Moonlight Night at the Grand Oak, TONIGHT!
Amelia turned to look at VEronican and her other friends. They were all smiling at eachother. Amelia was excited, what did that mean?
" At 9 o'clock!" said Veronica and they all straggled. Timothy came after Amelia as she started walking home, Amelia smiled to herself , hoping Timothy would tell her what "Moonlight Night at the Grand Oak" is . . .
♠ ♠ ♠
I havent been writing for a long time, but now i am back with a loooooooong chapter :) Please comment comment and comment! And.. most important KEEP READING!
thankss xoxo - miss.bookworm