Status: starter

Tree Top Children

A Sunny Day

The next day Amelia woke up early and went to school early. It was a sunny, bright day. When she arrived at school , Ella was the first person she saw. Ella was sitting on the stairs that led to the school. She was listening to her iPod, her eyes were closed and her face was turned at the sun. Amelia sat beside her. When Ella saw Amelia, she took off her head phones and said , "Hi, Amelia!" in a happy tone. Amelia smiled at her. " The weather is great today! I mean, like, really really great!" said Amelia. Ella closed her eyes and smiled as the sunlight caressed her cheeks. Then suddenly her eyes flung open and she said ;
- You know what that means? Dont you?
Amelia frowned and started to think. Sunny day? What can a sunny day mean?
- Yes well . . . It probably means . . .

Ella sighed and laughed , "Just say It Amelia, you dont know what that means!", Amelia gulped and waited for Ella to explain. " A sunny day means we can go swimming at the lake in the forest! Do you have a swimsuit?" continued Ella and stared at Amelia for an answer. Amelia thought about it for a second and then answered ; " Yeah! I do!". Ella smiled and said ; " We are gonna have fun today!" . At that moment Amelia saw Rosalie, David and EmiLynne walking towards them . EmiLynne was coming behind them while David and Rosalie were talking and laughing. Amelia was sure that they felt something for eachother. When Rosalie , David and EmiLynne joined Ella and Amelia they all entered the school.
"It's a sunny day! " said Ella happily. Rosalie and David shouted at the same time ; " The lake!". Finally the school bell rang and they all entered their classes. Amelia and Rosalie sat down by their seats. Rosalie sighed and stared out of the class window dreamily. Amelia laughed and asked ;
- Are you in love or what Rosalie?
-Uh.. I dont know , I just started to think about David in a different way these days!
- I knew it!
- He is just really special..
Amelia giggled.

The whole day was boring and Amelia kept waiting for the school to end. When finally the bell rang and the last lesson ended all of the Tree Top Children met outside the school.
" I say we all go home, put our swimsuits on and get ready! Then we meet at 'the wall' !" said Veronica and the others agreed. So they all parted . Amelia ran home and she entered the house in excitement and hurry. "Slow down pretty face! " shouted Mrs. Laura from the kitchen. Amelia ran up to her room while she yelled back at her mother ; " I'm going to the lake in the forest mom, with my friends! We're gonna swim! ". She opened her cupboard and threw out all the clothes untill she found her swimsuit. Then she put her swimsuit on and also wear a red t-shirt and sandals. SHe grabbed her phone , a towel and put it all in a bag then she put on her sun glasses. Finally Amelia ran downstairs, ready to leave the house. But her mother was standing right in front of the door. Mrs Laura started talking ;
- I told you to slow down! You are not going anywhere Amelia!
Amelia sighed and answered her right back with a brand new attitude; " Actually mom, I am going somewhere! I'll be back in an hour or two!". Mrs. Laura stared at her daughter with eyes wide open. Amelia did not care and walked out of the house.
When she arrived at 'the wall' , everyone was there. This time they didnt swing between the trees, they walked. The lake was way deep in the forest. The forest was sparkling with the colors green, silver, gold, blue, pink in the sunlight. It was beautiful..
They arrived at the lake and the lake was large and crystal blue . The weather was so hot that Amelia just jumped in the lake , throwing away her t-shirt and bag. The water was cold, exhilarating, calming. Amelia dived and then came out. " C'mon in guys! The water is great!" shouted Amelia at her friends. But the others were walking to the other side of the lake for the real fun. " Why did you hurry Amelia! We were going to jump from the trees into the lake!" yelled Armon as he climbed up a tree. Amelia swam towards the other side of the lake where the others were on top of a tree. She got out of the water and climbed up the tree where the others were standing, ready to jump.
Just then, Ginni jumped to the lake , such as a missile and got lost inside the blue lake. Ginni jumped out of the water and yelled , " The water is great!" . As she yelled, Rosalie with her yellow swimsuit jumped from the top of the tree.
Amelia sat on a branch gazing at her friends, they were like professional jumpers or swimmers. Pixie and Andrea held eachothers hands and jumped into the lake screaming. . .
It looked fun. And dangerous. Veronica, David, Ella, Mervin and Armon jumped right into the lake too and Amelia was alone on the top of the tree with Timothy. She crawled to the end of the branch and stood up. Amelia tried to stay in balance and looked down to the lake. The tree was high, really high.
" Are you afraid?" asked Timothy as he stood beside Amelia, in perfect balance. " A little.." murmured Amelia. Timothy talked silently, " We can jump together. . ." . Amelia looked at him , "Hold my hand." said Timothy. Amelia took his hand and she felt hot, like burning.
"Timothy.." whispered Amelia, she was really freaking out now and she wasnt sure that she was going to be able to jump. Timothy moved closer to her and whispered:
' Trust me. '

Then they jumped into the deep , crystal blue
♠ ♠ ♠
A long nice chapter.. Please keep reading and I am looking forward for comments!
thanks-miss.bookworm