Status: starter

Tree Top Children

The Fire

For a few seconds no one talked. Everyone was frozen were they stood. "We didn't put out the fire." whispered Ella. A sharp smell of smoke started spreading from the forest. Amelia gulped and came to her senses ; the forest was burning ; with their precious Tree Tops!
"FIRE!" yelled Amelia and with her scream they all jumped over the wall and started running into the forest. But It was too late. Amelia stopped , she could only breathe the horrible smoke and she saw the bright red flames. The flames had covered almost all the forest . Amelia grabbed her phone from her bag which was still hanging on her arm and called the fire station. She tried to describe the situation and they're location. When she closed her phone she could hardly breathe. It was too hot and the smoke was trying to get in her lungs. She held her breath. Was this the end? ' Now what? ' she thought ; ' Death?'. " There must be a way of getting out of this fire circle! " shouted David and Amelia came to her senses again. "Where are the others?!" cried Amelia , Armon said, "We left them behind I gues.." Ella was coughing hysterically , Armon was looking around to see a way out and Timothy and David were holding on eachother, they were about to faint. " Where are the fire-fighters?!" whimpered Ella and fell on the ground. Her face was covered with ash and sweat. Amelia wanted to take a deep , fresh breath but all that filled her lungs was smoke and ash, she coughed, her clothes were all sweaty. "Maybe .. maybe we can go through the fire-circle.." whispered Amelia holding on to David. " Dont.. be .. stupid.." shouted Armon and coughed. The fire circle was narrowing when finally Amelia heard the sirens of the fire-fighters. She gasped and pulled her t-shirt over her nose and mouth. "They're coming.." whispered Timothy and stumbled on the ground next to Ella. Amelia was sure now that they were going to die. It was burning! Burning all over them! The air was all smoke and ash. Amelia couldn't breathe anymore and all she could see was a red blur. "It's too hot!" said Amelia and realized that she was crying, her voice was wheezy. " They are coming to help us, everything.. every.. thing.. will be fine.." breathed Timothy from the ground.
Then , when the flames were about to burn Amelia, Timoty, Armon, David and Ella ; a white tide of foam and water covered them.

***

Amelia opened her eyes, she could still hear the siren and people shouting. ' I am probably dying' she thought. But then she remembered the fire-fighters, water and foam. She still couldn't see anything. Her throat and lungs were still burning and her clothes were all wet. Her view got clear. She was lying on a stretcher and there was an oxygen mask covering her nose and mouth and she was inside an ambulance. A blond woman (emergency worker-doctor-nurse) leaned on her and whispered in a kind voice ; " Everything will be fine!" .
' every... thing.. will be fine..'
Amelia had a quick flashback and swallowed. Timothy! What had happen to him? What had happen to Armon, Ella, David?! The blond doctor smiled and talked as if she had read Amelia's mind ; " Your friends are fine, your mother and father are here!". Amelia looked around and saw her parents. They were sitting inside the ambulance , in the corner. Her father was staring at her smiling , but his eyes were wet. Her mother's eyes were all red from crying and her cheeks were wet with tears. Amelia tried to smile at her mother but then she felt a horrible headache and fainted (fell asleep ?)
When she woke up she was in her bedroom.

When did she arrive at her room? The ambulance? What about going to a hospital? Amelia was lying in her bed, in her dark room. Her hair was smelling fresh shampoo and she had comfy PJ's on. She glanced at her clock on the table: 2 a.m. Then suddenly she felt extremely hungry. When her eyes got used to the darkness she recognized a shadow , sitting on the edge of her bed. "Mother?" she whispered and the shadow moved and hugged her. "Oh Amelia, I am so glad you woke up!" , Miss. Laura gasped. Amelia let her mother hug her for a minute and then whispered ; "Mom, I'm hungry !" . Miss. Laura backed away and smiled in tears , "I'll take care of it dear!" . Miss.Laura went downstairs and came back up with a breakfast plate. Amelia started eating and Miss. Laura started talking ;
- Amelia, listen to me carefully now! You are grounded for a week! The policemen made us pay! You are only kids and you and your friends could have die! Do you hear me? ! I was so afraid and your father. . . he got so scared too! Please, dont do this again!

Amelia gave her mother the empty plate and said ; " Yeah , but we didnt die , so... I'm sorry. But now please, let me go to sleep now!". Amelia's mother sighed and whispered ; "You were asleep for two days , Amelia!". Amelia gasped. "What?" she asked. Miss.Laura nodded, "But , you can take your time dear, relax". Amelia smiled and so her mother left , kissing her on the cheeks. Amelia lay back and stared at the ceiling and thought ; ' I could die..Really, die.. Not only me, Ella, Timothy , David, we all could die? I love my home, family, friends.. I love life!'
♠ ♠ ♠
Please keep reading and comment comment comment! Thankss