Status: starter

Tree Top Children

All Messed Up (Have You Ever?)

The next day Amelia didn't go to school. She threw up once and she lay in her bed , coping with a horrible headache. Her mother kept telling her that It was because of the smoke and gas. After noon she was feeling better, so she sent the same text to Armon, Timothy, Ella and David: " How are you guys? "

While she was waiting for their responses, suddenly her cell phone started ringing. Amelia jumped off her bed and answered the phone quickly :

- Yh-yes, um, hello?
- Amelia! Oh God! How are you? Are you people mad?! We left you guys for a second or two to help Ginni and you , Armon, Tim, and Ella run into the forest to put down some fire!

Rosalie kept talking excitedly...

- I just spoke to Ella, Timothy and Armon. They're fine. What about you Amelia? Amelia?

Amelia had problem breathing for a moment then answered her ;

- I am quite fine. But the real problem is not me, nor Ella , Timothy or Armon! It's the Tree Tops! Our place is ruined! And... i'm grounded.

- Oh.. The Tree Tops... you're right...Jeez! Of course It's very horrible that you are grounded, though the thing is that you are not alone. Armon and Ella are grounded too. If David comes ; we'll take care of the Tree Tops with the help of Pixie, Andrea, Veronica, Mervin and EmiLynne!

- By the way, how Is Ginni?

- To be honest.. She could've been better. She lost too much blood and her foot Is not that good too! The doctors say that she musn't walk for a while.

- It's all messed up with all of us!

- There's more! The cops are really angry with us because we burned down the forest! My mom said so...

- All messed up, totally. Anyway Rosalie, I'm going to rest for a while now. I'll talk to you later dear. Bye!

-Take care of yourself Amelia, okay?

Amelia sighed and closed the phone. While she was talking with Rosalie, she had a few texts on her phone ; from her friends saying they're fine grounded. But there was no message from Timothy. Timothy... Amelia swallowed hard, something was different about him and she wasn’t sure what It was. He was just so… Amelia sighed and got out of her bed and walked to the bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror, eyes swolen, hair messy, face white. Amelia whimpered silently. She walked back to her room slowly. Then suddenly when she had just arrived back in her bed. She heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. She heard her mother open the door and then heard someone walking up to her room. Amelia waited for her visitor excitedly. The door opened slowly and an unexpected visitor came in : Timothy.
Amelia sat up straight in her bed. ‘How are you Amelia? I got better quickly and… I was wondering about you. ‘ said Timothy and sat on the other side of the bed. ‘I’m very much better now indeed.’ Answered Amelia, trying not to meet his eye. She just didn’t wanted to; with no reason. After a few minutes of silent Timothy talked again ; ‘ Your mother told you had vomited a lot in the morning.’ . Amelia sighed and said ; ‘ Oh did she? Well It’s probably because of the gas and.. you know smoke.’
After a nother long silence Amelia said something that she wasn’t expecting to hear from herself:
-Timothy…Have you ever fallen in love?
- I suppose…I guess…
-How – you know- how does It feel exactly?
-I don’t know, It’s like magic, great, exciting and hard to understand. What about you? Have you ever, loved someone?
Amelia gazed at Timothy and didn’t answer for a while. Then finally she whispered ;
‘ I - no.’
After a longer silence, Timothy got up and mumbled ; ‘ I have to go, you rest. ‘ and then walked out of the room with rage. Amelia sat on her bed, frozen. Then she shuddered and started crying because she knew that she wasn’t only lying to Timothy, but herself too.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLease do not forget to comment, I would be very happy! I'll soon keep on writing, If you mibbians :)) keep reading.. Thanks very much.
-miss. bookworm