Status: starter

Tree Top Children

Love

Mrs. Laura went upstairs to check her daughter, after Timothy left. Amelia was still crying, with her face pressed against her pilow. Her mother sat beside her and stroked her hair before she asked curiously ; ‘ What Is wrong Amelia? Are you crying?’. Amelia didn’t answer her and kept sobbing. Mrs. Laura sighed and asked again, ‘What’s wrong prettyface? Come, tell me…’. Amelia took a deep breath and sat straight on her bed. She pushed away her hair from her face and sobbed again. Her face was all wet with tears and her eyes were swolen. ‘mom… I think, I’m in love!’.
Mrs. Laura bursted into laughter and kept laughing for a while. ‘ In love?’ she asked her daughter sarcastically. Amelia sighed and shouted angrily ; ‘ What Is so funny with that?’. Mrs. Laura stopped laughing and hugged her daughter ; ‘ I was just joking, It’s just that… my little daughter Is in LOVE huh? ‘. Then she giggled and stroked Amelia’s hair again.
- What Is so funny with that mother? I’m very serious!
- Wait now… tell me why are you crying if you are in love? You know, love Is ment to feel good!
- Look, I think he loves me too! I guess so, but I just told him that I don’t love anyone! I told him I’ve never been in love! I am such a coward – shit – talker!
- Woah, wait a second there Pretty-In-Love! First; talk properly , and second ; Is this about that young boy that just left? Another question; If he loves you too , what Is the problem?
- You do not get the point mom!
Amelia held her head in her arms and closed her eyes, thinking. Her mother frowned and hugged her. Then she whispered; ‘ I am very sure that If you talk to him It’ll all be fine! Maybe he’ll tell his feelings about you and…’. Mrs. Laura backed away from her daughter and winked. Then she left the room, leaving Amelia, alone in her bed.
Amelia had heard her mothers advice about talking but she had other plans about her feelings about Timothy. She was going to stop loving him! How hard could It be? Maybe, he didn’t even love her? She didn’t wanted to fall in love with him! She could easily forget about him!
She sighed once more and walked to her bathroom; washed her hair and got cleaned. Finally she had felt more energetic. Amelia walked back to her room and grabbed a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved-purple blouse. Then she slipped into her black Converse shoes and left her room. Her head was spinning but she kept walking. Her mother was singing some song in the kitchen; so she probably wouldn’t hear If she … left.
Amelia opened the house door and threw herself to the street. The street was almost empty because of the heavy rain. ‘Shit.’ Mumbled Amelia, she had forgotten to take her coat. But It was too late now, If she wanted to go back to the house she had to ring the doorbell. So she walked under the heavy rain, until she arrived at Veronica and Armon’s house. She had no trouble finding the house. After the knocking on the door a few times, Veronica Estelle appeared behind the door. Her hair was made into a braid and her face expression was suprised. ‘Amelia? What are you doing here?’ asked Veronica in a cold voice. Amelia answered in the same cold voice ; ‘ Can I come In Veronica, please?’. Veronica’s lips parted and she was about to say something else but she took a deep breath and said ; ‘Of course, come in.’ Amelia entered the house. It felt good to get rid of that awful rain. Veronica and Armon’s mother was sleeping on the couch, with the tv on. Armon was no where she could see. ‘Can I see Armon, Veronica? ‘ asked Amelia. ‘Armon Is In his room , resting. But you can probably see him, follow me.’ said Veronica and leaded her upstairs and to a small room. The room had a small balcony and a bookshelf. Armon was sitting on his bed with his portable computer in his lap. ‘Armon, you have a visitor.’ Said Veronica and closed the door behind them. Armon looked up from his computer and saw Amelia. ‘Oh hi , Amelia. How are you?’ he asked . Amelia smiled and sat on the bed. ‘I’m fine. You?’. Armon shrugged and murmured, ‘I could’ve been better.’. Amelia nodded silently and then cleared her throat; ‘ Well, I came here because I wanted to talk to you about something!’. Armon stared at her curiously and waited for Amelia to continue:
‘ Armon… Since I joined the Tree Top Children , I always saw you as our leader.’
Veronica was staring at Amelia with her eyebrows raised, wondering where this conversation would go. Amelia continued:
‘You were the one that took care of a lot of things, generally. I came to Ireland from London and I met you guys and changed! I really value this club and our friendship.. ‘. Veronica opened her mouth as If she would say something but fell silent again. She leaned towards the wall and folded her arms. Amelia was getting sick of being interrupted by Veronica’s moving. ‘Yeah whatever.. I was saying that; the Tree Top children most be more than “some kids having fun” . We can make our club a place to live when we have to! A place to gather! After this fire I know everything Is almost ruined! But so what? We can take this as a fresh start, eh?’.
Amelia took a deep breath and glanced at both of the twins, waiting for a response. Suddenly Veronica started walking inside the room, talking at the same time, entusiastically ; ‘ You are right Amelia! This Is a fresh start! We can make things better!’. Armon still wasn’t talking. ‘Of course when every one of us gets better , we can do It all together!’ said Amelia, encouraging them. Finally Armon smiled and said , ‘I’m really glad that you think like this Amelia! That Is a brilliant idea! But remember , you, me and Ella , we’re grounded’. Then he winked at Amelia. Amelia giggled and hugged Armon happily, thanking him. Then she suddenly remembered, ‘Yes, by the way since I’m grounded and I left the house without my mother knowing… I better go back!’
Amelia walked back to her house excitedly , also hoping her mother hadn’t recognized her being gone. While she was passing by a market near the house, she slowed down. Her head was spinning again. But suddenly what she saw made her head spin more. It was Timothy, leaving the market. Amelia stopped in the middle of the street. Her face and body was burning in flames, her heart was racing. Timothy didn’t recognize her at first, but when he did, he fastened his steps and walked away quickly. Amelia ran home after she felt better.
The front door was locked so Amelia had to climb up the wall to reach her room window. She pushed the window open and fell inside. Then she walked downstairs to see what her mother was doing, and she was still doing some cooking. Amelia sighed in relief. She walked back upstairs to her room and lay down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling for a while, trying not to think of Timothy, which was the impossible for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please keep reading and commenting :ı thiss is very important to mee! Thnks
-bookworm