Status: Completed.

Something Hidden: Witches Rising

EPILOGUE: He's Magic and Myth

Laurel,I want you to know thatI can’t stand beingWhy can’t you understand I’m not
You have no idea how much I regret not telling you about my ‘abilities’ but what else could I do? I know I’ve hurt you so much by keeping this secret but you can’t say it’s not fair because you didn’t tell me about yours - just because I happened to already know doesn’t count. You kept something from me just as much as I kept something from you. I understand why you didn’t tell me and I truly hope you understand why I couldn’t tell you.What is there to keep us apart?
I know you want to be with me just as much as I want to be with you. What is there to stop us being together? I can’t let you believe we can’t be together when there’s nothing to stop us. Just because I’m a ‘Shifter doesn’t mean I have to be evil. Don’t you think, if I wanted to hurt you I’ve had plenty of chances to do it already?Don’t leave me like
I’m not going to turn away from what there is between us. No matter what you say, I know you still feel for me what I feel for you. Please let me back into your heart - you know I’ll be a good ally to have.
I love you, Laurel. Nothing you say to me will change that.Even though you’re breaking my
All my heart,
Lucas.


Tears pricked my eyelids as I read the last lines of Lucas’ letter. I could almost hear his voice reading the words aloud, and the frustration in them as he crossed things out and started over, again and again. I pulled my notepad towards me and picked up my pen, then, with tear-filled eyes, I began to write a reply.

This isn’t what I wanted for what we had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Kelly Clarkson - Beautiful Disaster