Sequel: 10 Things
Status: complete, but i may add a few more chapters

My Safe Haven

First Day

Chapter 1

I walked through the doors on my first day of high school. My brother had ran off as soon as we got off the bus. He was a junior and used to all of this, for me it was all new. I looked to my left and saw no one that I knew. I looked to my right, and I didn’t see anyone I knew there either. I sighed. Just the way I like it.

I wasn’t looking where I was going and ran into some one. My library books went flying and I fell on my butt. A few people started laughing, but he just helped me up.

“Sorry.” I mumbled and went to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

“I’m sorry too. I’m Wyatt, what’s your name?” he asked and let go of my arm.

“Brair.” I said and looked away.

“Nice to meet you Brair, I’ll see you around.” he said and walked away. I smiled slightly and walked into my first period class. I was the first one there, and took my time making it to the back of the class. I sat down, and hid my skull candy ear bud behind my dirty blonde wavy long hair. You never learn anything on the first day is what Landon told me this morning at breakfast. The rest of the class filed in one by one and I prayed that no one would sit next to me. Unfortunately my wish did not come true. I looked over from the corner of my eye and realized that it was Wyatt.

“Hi.” he said with a smile and a little wave and looked forward. I smiled slightly and looked back down at the book I was reading. The teacher walked in a few minutes later and settled the class down.

“Hello every one. My name is Mr. Keeler and I am your Global teacher for this year.” he said and walked right to the board and started writing. Curse you Landon I thought as I took out a piece of paper and started writing down the notes that he scribbled quickly on the board. The bell rang soon after we started and I walked out quickly. The next three periods went by rather fast, and my favorite class was next. Free Music Period.

Here was where we got to do anything with music. Play, sing, compose, any thing that our hearts desired as the teacher put it. I looked around the room, and noticed a room with a grand piano in it. I smiled widely and walked over to the room. I walked in and closed the door quietly behind me. I sat down on the bench and did a few warm ups, then started playing.

I sang along quietly at first, but I couldn’t help but to sing louder and louder as the song progressed. I thought I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and looked over, but continued to sing. When I saw Wyatt standing there I missed a key, but then stopped altogether.

“Why did you stop? You were doing great.” he said with a smile and walked into the room. Be hind him I could see every one looking over at the room. I blushed when I saw them all and looked down.

“Oh I get it. You’re really shy, aren’t you?” he said and I nodded. He chuckled and closed the door and came over and sat down on the bench next to me. I aimlessly started playing another song because it was so quiet.

“Where did you learn to play like that?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I taught myself.” I said and he laughed.

“I wish I was that good at piano.” he said and then it got quiet again.

“I could teach you if you would like to learn.” I said quietly and he smiled.

“Sure, I would love to.” he said and I nodded. I grabbed his hand and the pen sitting on top of the piano and wrote my number on his hand.

“Call me when you want a lesson.” I said and he grabbed my hand.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“The bell just rang, and I’m really hungry.” I said and then my stomach growled.

“See?”

“Do you have any one to sit with?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Would you mind if I sat with you?” he asked and I shook my head again.

“Sure.” I said and walked out of Free Music Period and into the lunch room. When we got our lunches we snagged a small table in the corner by the window and sat down.

“So what school did you come from, I don’t remember you.” I said and he laughed.

“That’s because I just moved here from Mississippi.” he said and I nodded. We talked a little but then it got quiet.

“Can you keep a secret?” he asked me and I nodded.

“Sure I can. You’re the only person I have to talk to.” I said and he laughed.

“Promise not to tell anyone?” he said and put his pinky out for a pinky promise. I looped my pinky with his and he leaned in and bit his thumb. I followed suit and bit mine.

“I promise.” I whispered and he cleared his throat and leaned over to my ear. I looked around the room, waiting for him to speak and my eyes landed on my brother. He was staring at me in disbelief and I knew he was going to tell mom and dad tonight that I had made my first friend.

“I’m gay.” Wyatt whispered in my ear and I gasped.
♠ ♠ ♠
so what do you think?

and the pinky promise and what my friend does