Sequel: A Thousand Red Tulips
Status: Completed. (:

The Last Letter

Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning groggy and unfocused. I hadn't written a letter back to Gabriel and I didn't know if I should. I got ready for work at a sluggish place and once out of the apartment I realized that I was running late. Racing to the mall I made it into "Stream Music" with two minutes to spare. I caught my breath and made my way to the counter. As soon as Hayley saw my face she knew that something had gone wrong. She attacked me with a million questions before I finally got a chance to explain. I told her the whole story of what had happened last night and she looked at me somberly. She thought that I should still try to talk to him...even if we could only talk through our letters. I had to agree with her, I don't think I could stop writing. No matter how hard I tried. The rest of the day went smoothly and before I knew it I was heading back to the apartment.

I was determined to write a letter back to Gabriel...and quick. I ran into the apartment, grabbed a sheet of paper, pen, and began to scribble....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Gabriel,

To tell you the complete and honest truth, I was overjoyed by your last letter. It made my heart feel as if it would explode. And I was so exited...that you would even want to
be with...me. But I then cam to a realization. And this greatly upset me...to the point of tears actually. We...can never be together. I can never see your face...and I will never
hear your voice. I wish that things were different, I wish that we could talk more easily. It would make this "relationship"...(if it even is a relationship)..so much simpler.
I promise that I will continue writing to you...because I don't think I can stop. I will be waiting for your next letter.

Yours always, Alex"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath and placed the envelope in the book. My mind was going through the different possibilities of what Gabriel's next letter would say. I was just about to walk out of the room when I saw something peculiar from the corner of my eye. It was the book...it was shaking? I slowly walked towards it and the closer I got the more violently it shook.

I was beginning to become a bit frightened as I got as close as I possibly could to the book without actually touching it. Suddenly the pages of the book began to ruffle quickly and just as I went to pick it up....
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! Sorry...but I needed a head start on the next chapter. Tell me what you think is going to happen!....be be careful. I'm not THAT predictable...or am I?

Comment and Subscribe Please (: