Sequel: A Thousand Red Tulips
Status: Completed. (:

The Last Letter

Chapter 19

*Recap*

Suddenly the pages of the book began to ruffle quickly and just as I went to pick it up....

The book literally flew into my hands. the pages began to settle and I took a closer look to find...another letter. A new letter...from Gabriel. I held my breath as I tried to come to terms with what just happened. My hand shook as it tried to reach for the letter that was laying in the center of the pages. I slowly placed the book down and lifted the wax insignia to read....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Alex,

My whole heart aches when I read that I was the cause of your tears. I can not bear to be a burden to you. I hope that I am not. I know that I can not see your face, but I can
see it through the beautiful pictures you sent. And I know that is not enough, but it is truly better than nothing at all. I also agree that I could not stop writing letters to you
I feel selfish, but I enjoy talking to you too much for me to stop.I do think that we could be in a "relationship" as you put it. But I would have to ask formally.
Alex Ridgeway The radiance of your beauty make flowers blush. Take my hand and make my life a fuller joy with you in it."

Yours Always, Gabriel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I covered my mouth with my shaking hand...and this time instead of a sob of sadness...a sob of pure joy escaped from my mouth. I couldn't believe my eyes it was too good to be true. And Gabriel's letter had been sent so fast. I wondered that maybe this new process would be like a handwritten instant messaging system. I write a letter to him, he receives it quickly and he writes one back. Maybe my wish had come true...and talking to him would be so much simpler. I hurried to grab a pen, paper, and began to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dearest Gabriel,

Yes, absolutely positively yes. In this time and age what you just asked would be translated into "Will you be my girlfriend" and the answer is still yes!. I promise that you are not a burden to me. Actually you are the exact opposite. I enjoy getting your letters and I look forward to them every day. I think that we should be able to communicate back and fourth quicker. I hope that once you receive my letter you will understand what I mean. It does upset me that I can never see your face in person. But the picture will be able to hold me for now. Until next time.

Yours always, Alex.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as I placed it in an envelope and out it into the book. It began to shake once again and I was confident that Gabriel would receive my letter quickly. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair as I sat on the bed and waited for him to write back. I couldn't believe it. The first boyfriend I had in two years...and he's one-hundred and forty-nine years old. But you know what.....I don't even care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not what you expected?...or maybe you did?

I'm not supposed to be up right now! Shh...it's like 12:00 am. But I am usually never sleepy...so my commenter's inspired me to write another chapter.

Comment and Subscribe Please! (: