Sequel: A Thousand Red Tulips
Status: Completed. (:

The Last Letter

Chapter 24

When I arrived at the apartment I took the the stairs and avoided all public areas. I know that might have seemed silly but I did not want to run into No-Name again. I opened the door with my keys and ran into my room. I walked to my dresser and picked up the withered old book. It seems like the more I write to Gabriel...the older the book seems to get. I opened it up to find another letter and I smiled as I lifted the wax insignia to read....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Alex,

I understand about not wanting to loose the book, and it's perfectly fine that you don't take it to work. I don't know what I would do if I could no longer write with you.
My cabin mates often tease me about reading your letters over and over. But they can never know how much I truly care for you. I have been thinking of ways to finally be together,
but sadly I have come up with nothing. I stay awake at night, just thinking of how I can possibly get myself over to you. Maybe this book was only for talking purposes, I really
do not know. But what I do know is, I will never stop trying....I will try until I can no longer gather strength to try again. Your light shines brighter than any sun, and you are worth every single try.

Yours always and forever, Gabriel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel never stopped trying....actually he tried harder and harder with every letter that passed by. I knew deep inside that we couldn't be with one another. It was impossible
and maybe the book was sent just to taunt us.

Weeks and weeks had passed...and I still hadn't told Gabriel that I was in love with him. I was to afraid....afraid that it would make everything worse. Gabriel and I had spent every single day, for two months speaking to each other. It had been two months and three weeks to this day that I received his very first letter. With every passing day, week, month, we found more in common and more reasons for me to love him. I tried to be happy and I was happy, extremely happy. But nothing could stop the nagging in my brain that was telling me I was getting too attached. I knew that if Gabriel failed to write even for one day I would worry.

And on the seventh month, second week, and third day, my worst fears came true....
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Cliffhanger! Sorry!....Sadly this book is going to be coming to an end soon....and I am trying really hard to drag it out as long as possible. But if I keep on it's going to get boring....so I hope you like this chapter.

Comment and Subscribe Please? (: