Sequel: A Thousand Red Tulips
Status: Completed. (:

The Last Letter

Chapter 25

"Recap"

"And on the seventh month, second week, and third day, my worst fears came true...."

Gabriel had started to write less and less. We were closer than ever but the war was keeping us far apart. It started just skipping a day, then three days, then two weeks. It was driving both of us insane and I was worried out of my mind. Hayley told me that the amount of worry I carried on my shoulders should never be carried by anyone. And I completely agreed with her. No one should ever have to worry about if the one they love is gone...and is never coming back.

It had been a month and three days since Gabriel had last written. I kept reading his letters over and over again. Just trying to remember that he is real...and just not some dream. I left work that day in some sort of depressed state and I dragged myself to my apartment. I walked into my room and walked slowly to the dresser to get the book. Maybe, just maybe
he had written back. I closed my eyes and flipped the pages. I opened them to find...nothing. My eyes watered and I was determined not to cry. I placed the book back down on the
dresser and sat down on my bed. I opened the dresser drawer and began to read over the last letter he had sent to me....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Alex,

I am so sorry that we have not been able to talk as much as we are used too. I miss you and I am still trying to figure out ways to be with you. The war is getting worse and I
find that fighting for my right to live has become a daily struggle. I will not give you any details for I wish you not to worry. But I do not know when I will be able to
write back to you. I have something to tell you...something very important. But it will have to wait until the next letter.

Yours always and forever Gabriel."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hands grasped the letter tightly as I tried to figure out what Gabriel wanted to tell me. And I wondered if he would even get to tell me.

Two months, one week, and five days since his last letter....

Three months, three weeks, and two days since his last letter....

Four months, four weeks, and nine days since his last letter....

Today...today was exactly one year from the day that I got Gabriel's very first letter. I still hadn't spoken to him....I still didn't know what he was going to tell me. And I was still worried. Hayley was beginning to get frightened of me and told me I moved like a "zombie." I guess she was right. I didn't want to do anything....didn't want to go anywhere.

I couldn't even be excited when I first started college. I was a few weeks away from finishing my first year...and I couldn't tell him about it. I had no idea that I was going to do....even though I hoped that Gabriel was still alive somewhere, my mind was telling me to give up.

He's gone...forever...just like his letters....gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is comming to an end ):

There are a few more chapters left though...tell me what you guys think is going to happen?

Comment and Subscribe Please? (: