Sequel: A Thousand Red Tulips
Status: Completed. (:

The Last Letter

Chapter 4

I parked the car in a random spot and got the groceries and my book. I walked through the apartment building door and hit the fourth floor elevator button. As soon as I was home I put
groceries in the kitchen and hung up my new blue curtains. I was very pleased with my new apartment....even if the shower was an evil death trap. I took the phone book that I found
hidden in the closet and decided to call for take-out. Chinese was my favorite so I found a close place and ordered some food. They said that the food would be there in twenty
minutes so I decided to do some tidying up.

After brooming and mopping the kitchen and living room I decided to sit down for a bit. I got comfortable on the couch and saw the old book I bought. I had almost forgotten about it
I picked it up and flipped to the first page it read "The Falling, Chapter 1." I turned the book around and looked at the back of it. I blew some of the dust that was on it and tried to read the faded print. It said "Cover copyright 1861 by: Elizabeth J. White." I blinked quickly to make sure I actually saw that date correctly. 1861...how is that even possible? I thought. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and it startled me causing the book to fall to the floor. I got up off the couch and grabbed my wallet while walking to the door.

The Chinese food was here and I payed the guy and closed the door once again. I sat the food on the table and went to pick up the book. As I lifted it off the ground something fell out of it. I thought it was one of the pages and panicked. I grabbed it quickly only to realize it was a letter. A rather old letter. It didn't say anything on the front of it. It just had a wax circle with a strange emblem stamped on it. I went to open it but stopped myself. I sighed as my conscience decided to get the better of me. It said "Alex you can't open that letter...it belongs to the old lady. You should return it to her tomorrow." I hated when my conscience was right. I put the letter down on the desk and opened the Chinese food, preparing for a night of movie watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
She found the letter!...but she is going to give it back back to the old lady....or is she?
Comment and Subscribe Please!
I like to hear from my readers...so please tell me what you guys think. (:
Also I would like to thank "UndercoverClover" for all her comments....You rock!