Fate In Hand

Chapter 4-Luhvicat Saadehk;Confused Meeting

I didn't want to look back to see it was her.

"Marie, why are you so tense?" I slapped myself back into reality, hearing her ask something. I then realized I still had my hand on the handle of the door, looking ready to jump out even if the car was going at full speed.
"Huh?..Oh, it's nothing. I'm just thinking of something.." Lying, always my alibi to get by. Good thing she didn't notice.

I finally let go of the door, relaxing a little as the unexpected trip to nowhere, or at least that's what I thought, drug on. As we drove on, the trees that stood as spaced-out single columns started to bunch together. Before I knew it we were on a narrow path in the middle of the woods. Hopefully things wouldn't turn out like they did in my dream. I mean, I'm not stressed or panicking it's just I do not want to be bitten! I hoped my premonition of the same events I've dreamt of occuring would be wrong.
I felt the car slow to a stop as we had progressed just a little further past the trees. Antoine put his hand on the back of my seat and turned his head around, facing Vernadette.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked her. Not like I cared but I could tell there was just a little hint of him being nervous as he spoke.
"Yes, I'm sure. It is going to seem as if this is too early, but if we don't tell her know she'll only be in more of a tight predicament."

Even though I had know clue what she meant, my only thoughts were that this was not going to be good. They both stepped out of the car and started walking away from it. I had to jog to keep up with their fast-paced walking. As they stood near the edge of a clearing in the woods, I bumped into them without noticing as a dumbfounded and slightly shocked look flung itself onto my face.

Antoine turned to face me, his face as hard and as blank as an untouched stone ready to be turned into a statue. "Marie, what we're about to tell you you can't tell anyone. Otherwise we'll have to kill you." I just stared at him, looking shellshocked.
"You wouldn't dare tell anyone, would you dear?" I snapped my head toward Vernadette, shaking my it quickly.
They walked into the still-moonlit clearing. Antoine sat on a log while Vernadette leaned against a tree adjacent to where he was sitting, he patted the spot next to me and I hurriedly walked toward him and sat down. I nervously looked at him from the corner of my eye, smiling sheepishly when he met my barely noticeable gaze.
"Now," Vernadette stated, crossing her arms and putting one foot in front of the other,"Marie, I'm pretty sure you know who I am by now from our little..'encounter' earlier in the night."
"Y-yes..I do." I started shaking a little as she looked deep into my eyes.
"You should know what I am then. But don't worry, I never feed on my victims physically." Her gaze shifted to the moon as her eyes became slightly blank.
"My brother, Antoine, and I..we're the only ones left now. Our parents and siblings had been kidnapped by someone, we don't know who though. At least, not yet. We do however need help, since our allies in Tokyo are having the same problem."

Antoine took my hand in his, twisting our fingers together as he did so. I couldn't keep from smiling as I felt my cheeks heat up and start to redden.

"Vernadette, I don't get it or what it has to do with me. I mean no offense but, you're a vampire right?" She nodded a little. "Well I'm only human, how can I help?"
"Simple, when the war comes we use you as bait." I leaned away as she smirked, standing up straight with her arms to her sides.
"No! We're not using her as bait, Vernadette! Can't we just stick with what I said?" Antoine tightened his grip on my hand and it felt as if a steamroller was rolling right over it.
"Fine. Brother, why don't we tell her your plain?" She leaned against the tree again and crossed her arms, I could see the feeling of defeat smeared all over her face.
"Well since a few of Yori's coven have already found out where this mysterious figure is hidden, we might as well combine our plan with theirs." His face was serious as he said this. He untwisted his fingers from mine and folded his hands together before placing them in his lap.
"Yeah, right. And after that we'll invite them for dinner." Vernadette scoffed. Obviously she had a strong dislike for this..Yori's coven. Whoever that was.
"I wouldn't be surprised if they turned on us the minute it was all over. They don't completey trust us, you know."
"Wait," I interrupted, just a little confused. "How can they be your allies if they don't completely trust you?" I soon shut my mouth and bit my tongue, wishing I didn't say that. They both stared at me, even if it wasn't showing, with fire burning in their eyes.
"Sometimes, Marie," Vernadette said, a small gleam appearing in the corner of her eye. "One will need to rely on an outside source, an unknown hand in the dark, to get them to their goal. We are just as much the unknown hands helping them as they are to us.
"Hell, without them we'd either be lost or dead. So would our parents." Vernadette uncrossed one arm as she reached to an inside pocket of her coat, pulling out a golden locket, a heart engraved on the front. She opened it, her expression becoming a little saddened as she looked at the pictures inside. My guess, a little obvious though, was that it was of her mother and father. Sighing, Vernadette tucked the locket away back into the pocket. I wonder why she never wore it.
(Two Days Later)

I was sitting on the trunk of a fallen tree in my backyard, contentedly looking up vampire facts online on my little laptop. My feet swaying a little as I scrolled down the pages, a little bit impatient due to the fact that none of the information I'd found was making any sense. Just then some window popped up about Japanese vampires, I clicked both out of curiosity and a little memory that had clicked to me about Yori.
I read most of the passages on the front page, ignoring the constant creaking sound I heard behind me. Pretty much a wrong move there. Soon someone hopped down from somewhere, landed on the tree I was on, and brought it down. I was clinging to the now closed laptop for my life, planning to use it as whatever source of protection I could get from it.

"Now that's just flatout funny" Antoine said as he eyed me, lying on the ground with my legs on the stump of the tree. "Remind me to do that again the next time you try to hide from me." He held out his hand to help me up, but I just ignored it.
"Mind explaining to me WHY you did that?" I pushed myself up using my elbows and sat there, my laptop in my, well, lap.
"Well..."