Status: I'm workin on it! The interesting parts will be coming up soon. PREPARE FOR SUSPENCE!!! :D

Black Velvet

Oh Rainy

I cringed when I heard the voice at the door. I looked at CJ and He looked at me. I swallowed and slowly turned around to face the person at the door.
"What the hell is going on?" They repeated.
With his arms around my waist and our fingers intertwined I looked them in the eye.
"Ummmm..." I mumbled.
"Come on Ashlynn, class is about to start, and who is he and why is he in the girls restroom?"
"Well," I grabbed his hand and walked toward the door. "Well, Rainy, Meet CJ, My new boyfriend. " I said and kissed him before heading to class.
She stood there in the doorway looking at us in surprise as we passed her and walked down the hall arm in harm. Every guy wanted to know why a guy just came out of the girls restroom and all the girls were jealous, I just walked and smiled a cocky smile.
The day passed quickly and the school day was over.
"Hey babe." He said as he walked up to my locker.
"Hey." I said. "Whats up?"
"Oh nothing." He said as he leaned in to kiss me and smiled.
"Must be something, you seem more smiley than usual."
"I do? It maybe cause I am lucky enough to get the hottest girl in the whole school to be my girlfriend." He smiled and kissed me again. He tasted so sweet, like sugar on a strawberry, like heaven.
"Alright alright alright, love birds, it's only been a day, can you guys just chill, please?" Rainy said as she walked up and put her books in her locker. We kissed again and he held me close, I rested my head on his chest and smiled. "Come on Ashlynn, lets go home, we both have got a lot of homework to do." Rainy said as she closed her locker and looked at me.
"Fine." I said , not wanting to agree. "Walk me to my car?" I asked CJ.
"Of cor--"
Rainy cleared her throat loudly. "Ummm, aren't you forgetting some one?" She said gesturing to herself, interrupting CJ.
"Oh yes, will you walk US to my car?" I asked CJ again, putting extra emphasis on the word 'us'.
"Like I was saying, of course I would." CJ said and took my in one arm and offered the other to Rainy. "Would you like an escort too?" He asked looking at Rainy.
"Ummm no I'm quite alright. Thanks." She replied, turned around and walked down the hall.
We made our way to my car and I threw my stuff in the back seat, he sat his stuff on the top of my car.
"You want a ride?" I asked CJ. he hesitated then turned it down.
"No I'm quite alright, but thanks anyways, my car is in the front." He said and kissed me, I kissed him back.
"okay," I said. "I love you."
"Mmhmm, me too." He said and kissed my forehead, he grabbed his stuff off the top of my car and ran off around the corner.
"So what do you thin--" I said turning around then stopping mid sentence. Where was Rainy? I looked around then in the car through the window. There she sat, in the passenger seat. She had already gotten in the car. I opened the door and got in.
"So, what do you think? Do you like him?" I asked starting up my car. She didn't say anything. "Rainy?"
"You didn't even introduce me, that's real nice Ashlynn." She said, I could tell that she was pissed. "All I know is I walk in the door to find you making out with some guy in the girls restroom. The girls restroom! What were you thinking ? Honestly?!" She shouted.
"I....I....I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking. All I know is he surprised me. He was in the corner and then we started talking then he, well I, kissed him. Then that's when you walked in. I didn't know what to do, it just happened."
"Oh it did huh?" She said, pissed.
"Yeah, It did. Then one thing turned into another and I didn't really care what happened All I know is that I wanted to be there with him and only him." I replied.
"Yeah, sure, whatever. Lets go home." She said as she stared out the window.
I sat there for a few seconds, finally put the car in gear and headed home.
*Click, click, click* I sat on the couch flipping through channels. I sighed and looked at the clock. I only had been home for an hour and a half. I sighed again and turned the T.V. off. There wasn't anything on T.V., me and Rainy haven't talked in a week. What was I going to do about this? I am happy with CJ but is it really worth losing my best friend let alone my sister over? I stared at the wall on the other side of the room.
*CRASH*
I jumped. What was that? I looked up and heard Rainy moan and yell. I got up and quickly walked over to the end of the stairs. I listened for her.
"Rainy? Are you okay?" I shouted up the stairs. I heard nothing but a slight noise, like water running and then another crash boom bang of things falling then Rainy scream. I ran up the stairs clearing about three at a time. I came running into our room grabbing the baseball bat that was by the door. She was laying on the floor of our bathroom with her arm out the door. I slowly walked around the corner to see something green laying over her and the shower running and water going everywhere. It took everything I had to not bust up laughing as I set the bat down by the door of the bathroom. I managed to keep from laughing and stood at the door.
"Ummm, Rainy," I muttered, "do you need some help?"
She got up and tried to get back in the shower. She fell, tripped and stumbled trying to get in. it probably didn't help that the floor was covered in water. I sighed and went to get some towels. I came back and laid them out on the floor to soak up the water. She was standing in the shower, shower curtain around her, water splashing everywhere. I reached over and turned off the water. She looked at me slightly mad but yet glad that I came.
"Why don't you go take the rest of your shower in the other bathroom while I clean this up." I told her.
"No, its fine I was done anyways." She said as she took a step out of the shower, tripped and fell again. She was still wrapped up in the shower curtain. I couldn't help but laugh. I tried to hide it but I couldn't. It was so funny but I felt bad laughing at her. She looked at me and cracked a smile, she softly laughed and I walked to her side.
"You okay?" I asked still slightly laughing.
"Some what." She said.
I walked over and sat on the toilet that was beside her.
"Hey, I'm really sorry for what happened last week and I want to start over. This whole you and CJ thing, he really wants to meet you and I really hope you do to."
She looked at me, like she was debating on her answer. She nodded with a smile on her face, I knew that was a yes. I smiled and offered her my hand to help her up. She took it and stood up with the shower curtain still somewhat around her. She hugged me then pushed me into the tub. I screamed when I hit the water and she laughed.
"Now I can sit back and laugh, bahahahaha!" she laughed and waddled out of the bathroom trying to not fall again.
"Hey, help me up!" I shouted.
"Hell no!" She yelled back and laughed. I was glad to have my Rainy back. I climbed out of the shower and the rest of the night went by fast and I got some sleep that night.
As we headed to school the next morning the drive was a lot more pleasurable. Me and Rainy were both happy and that's how it should be all the time.
We Pulled into the school and CJ Was standing at his car that was parked right next to my parking spot. I smiled as i pulled in and cut the motor. Me and Rainy climbed out of the car. As I hugged and kissed him she got her stuff out of the car and came over to my side of the car.
"CJ, this is Rainy. Rainy, this is CJ." I said.
"Hey CJ." Rainy said with a smile.
"Hey." CJ replied.
The bell rang and kids slowly started heading for class.
"Ashlynn," CJ said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Hold on, can I ask you something?"
Rainy stopped and turned around.
"Give us a sec okay? We wont be long I promise." I said, she looked at me like she didn't believe me. "I promise that we won't leave the school grounds either, chill." CJ laughed.
Rainy turned around with a smile on her face and walked into the school.
"Alright, so you wanted to ask me something?" I said.
"Um...yeah..so I really haven't asked a girl this before so I don't know how to say it but will you -- no that not right. Do you -- no that's not right either." He looked down and started to mumble to himself.
"Baby, what is it?" I asked, tilting his chin up to look at me.
"I don't know how to say it though." He mumbled.
"Try." I said.
He nodded and took a deep breath. "Will you go on a date with me?" He mumbled quickly.
"Wait what?" I asked. "Say it slower."
"Will you go on a date with me?" He said hopeful. Our eyes locked and we smiled. I leaned into his arms and he knew my answer.