Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Gamble

I drove the rest of the way home with the windows rolled down and the music blasting, just trying to clear my head. I was looking forward to coming back down here in a few days.

When I got home Andrew was at work, so I decided to watch the Eagles game. Eagles vs. Detroit! Going to be a good game!

Half way through I got a crazy idea. I thought I could negotiate my way out of this mess with Alec, and make it a gamble, on this Eagles game. I picked up my phone right away.

He barely had time to answer the phone, “Alec! Let me try to get out of this. Wanna make it game?”

“What kind of game?” he sounded so evil, like a mad scientist.

“Turn on channel 5. If Akers can’t make the next field goal for the Eagles, I’ll have your baby. But if he does make the next field goal, I don’t have your baby, and you keep the secret. Sound like a deal?” I made my negotiation; now all I had to do was wait for an answer. I thought this was a pretty good idea, since you can normally bet your life on Akers since he is like the one of the top three kickers in the NFL. And Alec isn’t a big Eagles fan, like yours truly, so this was going to work out for me. Now all I had to do was wait for Akers to kick that field goal.

“Deal.” He said, and then he hung up.

About 10 minutes into the fourth quarter, Akers had to kick! 43 yard attempt and I felt pretty good. I got a call from Alec. He was hoping that it would turn out in his favor, as I could tell from his voice. “You ready? Moment of truth!”
“You bet your life in hell I’m ready!” I replied, feeling good.

The ball was snapped!
Put into place for the kick!
And here comes Akers!
1…2…3…
And the ball is in!!!
3 points for the field goal! And if that wasn’t enough to make me happy,
EXTREME HAPPINESS FOR ME!!!!!!!!

“YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON’T HAVE TO GET PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I was bouncing off the walls!!

A heard a heavy sigh of relief from my phone, “A deal’s a deal. I’ll keep the secret and you don’t have to have my kid.” He sulked. “See ya later.”

We hung up and I went back to my Eagles game, feeling like nothing could bring me down.