Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Third Fail, It's Off to Jail

I was so excited! I would call someone and tell them, but I didn’t tell anyone. So I was left to celebrate by myself. I got all dressed up in my little black mini dress and decided to go out drinking all night long. I was going to be an alcoholic tonight!!!

When I got to the club down in Long Island, a long way away for Andrew to see me, I instantly had the urge to drink a tall glass of Tequila. I knew that tomorrow I would have a hangover, I just knew it.

The music was pumpin’, the guys were all over me, and I was loose and free. And I really didn’t care because no one knew where to find me, for all they knew I was still down in Jersey with Crystal.

I was drunk off my ass, and I knew I shouldn’t drive home, but I had no way to get back to the city. I thought that I could make it.

About half way home I noticed cop car lights in the background. I was sober enough to know to pull over and let them pass so they could get to the person who was speeding. I pulled over and they stopped behind me. UH-OH!!

“Have you been drinking tonight miss?” said the surprisingly skinny cop.
“Yes.”
“How many drinks have you had tonight?” he asked.
“Like 5 drinks.” I lied.
“Step out of the car ma’am.” He ushered me out of the car.

I got out of the car, this was not good. I was going to jail, I just knew it. The officer looked at me like he was sizing me up for a fight. I was totally freaked out. Thinking he was a pedofile or something. Finally he said, “We’re gonna perform some tests, then you’re free to go.”

“Okay,” I replied. “What are the —”
He cut me off, “First I want you to put your hands on your head, and stand on your left foot.” He ordered.

I was so drunk; I could barely stand on two feet let alone one. That test was a fail.

“Now I want you to walk along this straight line.” He ordered again.

The straight line test against the side of the road, failed.

“Now, I want you to spell your first name.” he ordered.
Easy I thought. Nope, he was looking at my license the whole time, of-course, making sure I can spell my own name. “L-E-Z-Z-L-E-Y”

“Okay, one more test. Put both your hands on your head.”

I felt the cold metal hand cuffs come onto my wrist. I was escorted to the cop car, and placed into the back seat. The ride there was agonizing. I just wanted to know what was going to happen, and how long it was going to take. I was scared, and alone. And it was all my fault.