Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Yum Yum in the Tum Tum

He carried me about half way, and had his arms around me the other half. When we got back to Crystal’s, we stayed under the tree in the front yard for a while. Just cuddling, a kiss or two. As I started to doze off, he nudged me awake and suggested that I go inside and go to bed.

“Come with me.” I said.
“No, it’s rude.”
“Please, if she’s gonna get mad it’ll be my ass not yours.” I pleaded.
“No.” He continued.
“Please, for me.” I begged.
“You know I can’t say no to you.” He picked me up and got my key out of my pocket. Unlocked the door and made our way to my room.

“I feel gross, I’m gonna take a shower ok?” I told him.
“Ok.” He replied.

I turned on the water and stripped out of my jeans and tee. Without even checking the water I hopped in. I washed and conditioned my hair, shaved and lathered. I still felt sand in my hair so I rewashed. I had my head under the water and I heard the door open. Jeff got in the shower behind me. My heart skipped a beat. I turned around to see him and he grabbed my hips.

We got out of the shower, and dried off. He went back into the room, and I took out a pair of sweats and a baggy tee. I brushed out my hair and ran into bed. I situated myself under the covers, and searched for the remote. Jeff put his arm around me as I flipped through the channels. I was asleep before George Lopez could say “Whaa paaa!!!”

***

I rolled over and saw the clock, 9:30 a.m. I was starving. So I slowly lifted Jeff’s arm and slid out of bed. I found my slippers and crept down the hallway. I whipped together a quick bowl of mix and heated up the waffle iron.

I heard Anne coming down the hallway just as I reached into the oven to put another waffle on the dish. Instead I found another plate, and laid in in the center. I went into the fridge and found the can of whip cream. I saw Anne flop down on the couch and start flipping channels. She was definitely her mother’s child.

I started cutting up the fruit and getting my makeshift fruit salad ready. “That goes in the freezer,” I mumbled to myself. I finished the waffles and the potatoes, and the bacon, and let everything sit in the oven until everyone was awake.

The next person down the hall was Crystal. She helped me set the table and started getting the food onto the counter.

“No!” I whispered, “One more person needs to wake up.”
“Oh, you didn’t.” She scolded shaking her head.
“Oh, but yes I did.”
“Why, though?” she asked, clearly annoyed with me.
“Four words: lake, shed, shower, bed. And yes, I know it rhymes.” I said snootily.
“You? Had sex? With Jeff?” She stuttered.
“Yea, why is there a problem?” I asked cautiously.
She chuckled, “No, no problem. Just a little shocked.”
“Yea I’ll give you details later. Let me go wake him up.” I said half way down the hallway.

I skipped the rest of the way and poked my head in the door. I nudged his shoulder, “Jeff?” No movement. “Jeff?” I said again. His eyes Opened slowly.

“Good morning beautiful. What—What time is it?” he asked, clearly still drowsy.
“Almost 10.” I responded. “Come on, I made breakfast.”
“Kay, give me a minute.”
“Kay!” I said.

I made my way out of the room and down the hall. About two minutes later, I hear the bedroom door close; me and Crystal start putting the food on the table.

“Aunt Leslie, can you make my waffle a face?” I heard Anne ask from the table.
“Sure sweetie. What kind of face do you want?” I responded.
“Umm…a clownie face!” she squealed.
“One clown face comin’ right up.”

I took her waffle over to the counter and found the bottle of whipped cream. Cccccrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhh. The bottle “said.” I made the mouth out of whipped cream and chocolate chips, the nose was a ball of cantaloupe, and the eyes were blueberries.

“Thanks, Aunt Leslie!” Anne squealed as she took her plate back to the table.
Jeff took a bite out of his waffle, which was piled high with the bacon and potatoes. “Beautiful and she can cook.” He looked to Anne, “You got an amazing aunt over there little lady.”

“Ooohoohooh,” Anne said. “Jeff and Leslie sittin’ in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G--”
“A hell lot more than kissing, I’ll tell you that.” I cut her off.
Crystal playfully slapped my shoulder, “Don’t say that in front of her!”
“Oh, its fine.” I said as I took my place next to Jeff.

This was the perfect scene, with the perfect breakfast. Yum yum in my tum tum.
♠ ♠ ♠
the title is Lindseys phrase...love again LINDSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!