Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Poor Mark :(

After we splashed around in the water we made our way onto land. Mark checked his phone and sourly said, “Jen says that she’ll be here in about an hour. Traffic jam.”

“Coolio.” Crystal responded.

Brian came up behind Crystal and wrapped his hands around her waist. “I’m going up to the bar and gettin’ some drinks. What do ya want?”
“Beer.” Jeff answered.
“Beer.” Mark replied.
“Sex on the beach.” I mentioned. And I got a couple of looks which were to be expected.
“Get Anne lemonade and I’ll take a diet Dr. Pepper.” Crystal answered.
“No martini?” Brian whispered.
“Nah, not now.”
“Ok, be back in a few.” And he ran up to the boardwalk.

I walked over to Crystal. “You didn’t tell him?”
“No, not yet. I am though. I promise.”
“You better.” I ordered.

***

When Brian came back with the drinks the guys ran for their beer. I slowly got up off the blanket and started sipping my drink and laid back down. This time I kept my head facing Crystal and Brian. He brought over a martini and she pretended to take a sip then put in in the sand.

“Babe? I gotta tell you somethin’” Crystal said.
“Okay, what is it?”
“Remember that night after bowling? Outside of Starbucks?” She asked.
“Yea,” he paused. “Why?”
She took a deep breath, “Bri, I’m pregnant. I’m gonna have a baby.” She held up her drink, “That’s why I can’t drink.”

He put his drink in the sand and wrapped his hands around her waist. “Really? This is amazing!” He grabbed her tighter, “I love you.” And she met him half way, just like always. Such a sweet couple.

Crystal picked up Anne and said, “I have an announcement! Whoa guys I have something to say!” Everyone turned around to look at the little family, “Anne’s gonna get a little brother or sister. I’m pregnant!”
All the guys were stunned, saying, “What the hell? You got her knocked up?”
All I said was, “Finally!”

Everyone group hugged and squeezed the life out of each other. Brian and Crystal took their spot; me and Jeff had ours; and until Jen go there, mark was stuck playing in the sand with Anne.