Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

I Guess He Had More Planned

I next day was Monday meaning that Anne had school, and the boys had work. All except Brian, anyway. So Crystal and I thought we’d go run some errands until she had to get ready for work.

We were on our way out of ShopRite and she was reading a text; or she was reading a text until she ran into the vending machine outside. We both doubled over in laughter.

Other than getting food, we went to the mall to get shoes, which is hard when your feet are size 9’s. Anyway, we got home around two and just as Anne was getting off the bus. She seemed more excited than normal.

“Mommy! Leslie! Mommy! Leslie!” She yelled as she ran down the stairs. “Guess what happened to me in school today!” She squealed.
“What happened?” Crystal asked.
“I am no longer a single woman.” She said
“Whhaaat?” I asked, confused.
“Jesse Brown asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes!” She was jumping at this point.
“That’s really cool sweetie.” Crystal pretended to care.
Anne shoved her hand in my face, “Aunt Leslie, look what he gave me!”

It was a twisty tie from a bread wrapper wrapped around her finger like a ring. “Wow…it’s really pretty bud.”

***

Anne and Crystal went to dance class and I was just watching TV when I heard a knock at the door.

“Go put on somethin’ nice. We’re goin’ out.” Jeff said.
“Give me like 45 minutes okay. Just gotta shower.”

So Jeff waited on the couch while I cleaned up and got myself ready for this by-surprise date. I was expecting him to surprise me in the shower again, but I guess he had more planned than just a night at the lake. I threw on a pair of nice dress pants and a thin purple sweater. And, of-course, my heels.

“Let’s go!” Jeff popped off the couch.
He grabbed my arm, “Okayyy” I said as he dragged me away.

The whole car ride there he wouldn’t tell me where he was taking me. My mind was coming up with all different horror movie scenarios. Him taking me up to the mountains and leaving me there. Him killing me then leaving me in the woods for the animals. But I quickly had to remind myself about what I heard him say to Crystal. And I felt the same way.