Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Some Family Back Home, Right?

“Oh-no.” I heard Crystal say as I walked down the hallway the next morning. Jeff was hovering over her shoulder, looking at her computer screen.

“What’s so ‘oh-no’?” I asked as I made my way to the open seat next to Crystal.

“Look what your mom tweeted.” She answered.

“Leslie if you don’t come home now you’re cut off completely, banished from the family.” Jeff read aloud.

I stood up and made my way to Jeff’s lap. “Do I look like a care? A ‘family’ doesn’t force you to marry someone you don’t want to. A family doesn’t tweet something like that!” I pounded my fist into my hand to make it seem more dramatic.

“Right on! Fight the power!” Crystal raised her hand like some 1970’s Flower Power person. We all giggled.

“So, you guys got a date yet?” She asked.

“I got the ring last night.” I added some attitude. “But I do know I wanna be a summer bride.” I said as I looked at Jeff.

“Whatever you want.” He stated.

“Ham and cheese omelet!” I yelled and threw my hands and feet into the air, causing me to fall off his lap.

“Why could I have not gotten that on video? YouTube!!!” Crystal giggled. “Well, I’m gonna go get dressed. Shit! Les?”

“Yea?”

“Since I am now pregnant, I can’t work at the studio. So, do you wanna take my place? You’ll make the same thing I do.” She described.

“Definitely.” I smiled. “Yes, yes, yes of-course.”

“Kay. Then today I’ll tell Von that I found a replacement.”

“I guess I should start my day too.” I started walking down the hallway. “I’ll be in the shower!” I yelled.

Once I had the water running the door opened. I wasn’t even in the shower yet. Jeff came in and checked the water, “Too cold.” He then turned off the water and made it run into a bath. He squirted the bubble bath bottle until it was empty. He got in and started soaking. I followed soon after.

I giggled, “Midnight Pomegranate?”

He nodded. And scooted closer to me, “Happy engagement.”

“Happy engagement.” He leaned in with a thrust and I closed the door so the water wouldn’t soak the entire bathroom, and slid onto my back, being careful that I didn’t get drowned in tub.

The walls of the shower were covered in bubbles and the waves were going everywhere. Then I remember that Crystal’s house has thin walls, and I was choking on water. I rolled over and gasped for breath, but Jeff just kept going.

***

“Clean up that bathroom.” Crystal stated.
I walked back into my room and mumbled, “So much for closing the door.”

When I got into my room Jeff had just wrapped himself up in a towel, “And the verdict is…?”
“‘Clean up that bathroom!’” I mimicked, just loud enough for her to hear.

She barged in. I skipped over to Jeff and embraced him enough to make her feel like she was walking in on something, which made her feel stupid. I love my friends!!!