Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

Really! Like Seriously! Are You Shitting Me?

I had my bag over my shoulder and I was walking out the door on my way to work.

“What the fuck are you doing here?”
“We came to take you home.” My father answered.
“I have to go to work.” I calmly responded as I walked to my car.
“You will not work. It is unethical for the wife of a wealthy man to work.” My mother chimed in.
“Jeff’s job can only hold us over for so long. I like, no I love dancing. And I took Crystal’s place while she’s out.”
“Tell me something, is this Jeff?” She held up her phone.
“Damn, that picture came out better than I thought.” I answered.
“I’ll take that as a yes.” My father said.
“Come on, you’re coming home.” My mother said, dragging me to her car.
“No! I will not come and live with you, I will not marry Andrew, and I will not be a mother fucking house wife!” I yelled.
“You watch your language!” My father scolded.
“Oh, you better watch yourself before I open up a can of whoop-ass all up on your ass!” I got all up in his face. Next thing I knew his hands were on my shoulders shoving me away.

Jeff’s car rolled into the drive way. He beeped the horn signaling for me to get in. Once he realized that I wasn’t quite ready, and that there were people that he didn’t knew in front of me, he cut the engine and ran to me. After a quick hello hug and kiss me father was ready to let all hell break loose. He started to gang up on Jeff. Jeff showed no fear and was ready for a fight. My father started swinging and Jeff got him right in the balls. While my father was on the ground, my mother was yelling some shit at me, but I just couldn’t take my eyes off the fight. My father, fighting through the pain, swept Jeff’s legs out from under him and took him down. Jeff was mounted on top of him, and most likely causing thousands of dollars in brain damage.

My mother grabbed my arm, “You want to marry that!?” She asked, pointing to Jeff.
“I love him, he loves me, Andrew is a fucking asshole, dad’s is a fucking jackass, and you are the biggest bitch from hell I have ever met!” I yelled. “Jeff come one let’s go I’m gonna be late!”

Jeff hopped off of my father, and ran over to me. He started up the engine as I watched my mother run over to my father. I got in the car and we rode in silence until we got to the corner.
‘What was that all about?” He asked.
“My parents.” I responded.
“Sorry.” Jeff apologized.
“Don’t be. I was gonna do it myself.” I laughed. “I just hope that they don’t take it any farther.”
“What happened before I got there?”
“They told me that I was gonna go back with them, marry Andrew, and be a housewife. I told them that that was about as smart as covering themselves in peanut butter and swimming in a pool of ants. Then they started calling you an animal, and while you were fighting my father, my mom was literally yelling at me for loving you. Like since when is that her decision. They were saying how it isn’t ‘ethical’ for me to be working. I told them that I wanted to and that we didn’t need any financial help and shit. But they don’t understand anything about anything. Dumbasses.” I explained.

“Damn,” Jeff responded. “That’s, that’s, I have no idea what that is, but anyway, one question.”
“Hurry up, we’re here.”
“What date?”
“January 17.”
“I thought you wanted summer.” He brought up.
“Changed my mind.”
“Kay,” he said. “Have fun at work. I’ll pick you up at 7.” He leaned over to kiss me and I opened the door and slid out with a giggle. He chuckled as I closed the door and drove off.

I was really withdrawn during work that night; or as withdrawn as you can be when you’re a dance teacher. I couldn’t get this whole fight thing out of my head. All I can say is THANK GOD IT WAS BALLET AND NOT JAZZ!!!!!!!!

***

“Hey girly, um, yea, your parents are here. And it’s really freaking me out ‘cause your dads face is all fucked up and your mom’s all pissy. Anyway call me back.” Was the message Crystal left on my phone. So I had to call back.

She didn’t have time to speak. “I want you to take Anne to Brain’s with enough stuff to get her through the night. Jeff got into a fist fight with my dad, and that’s why my ma-ther is all pissed. Once Anne is at Bri’s you need to come back and help me out. I’ll be home in ten minutes so hurry.”

“Okay, but I want details later.”
“Don’t worry; you’ll get ‘em.” I assured her.

Once I hung up my right leg wouldn’t stop shaking. Jeff was tense at the wheel. His hands were wrapped around the wheel so tight, that his knuckled were neon white and his palms were bright red. I could tell that he was going to break.

“Babe?” I said.

He turned his head.

“Behave when we get here. Wait for him to give you a reason to hit him.”

He nodded. And then the car beeped. Jeff hit a button and the phone turned on.

“I’m coming over Crystals, Bri is watching Anne. You’re gonna need all the backup you can get.” Mark said all cocky-like.

“I’m gonna tell you the same thing I told Jeff, wait until he gives you a reason for you to hit him. Neither of you know the whole story. And neither of you will ever know the whole story. Ok, maybe you.” I said when Jeff shot me a look.
“Fine.” Mark pouted.
“Be home in a minute. See ya there.”
“Adios.” He signed off.

Once we pulled into the drive way I saw Mark leaning against his bumper and Crystal waiting at the door. I was reluctant to get out of the car, let alone to go inside.

Jeff got me out of the car, and Crystal met us outside. “Have they said anything?” I asked.
“Nope, they won’t even watch TV.” Crystal answered.
“Okay. You guys remember what I said. Keep the fists to yourself.” I assured the boys.
“We know, we know.” They said simultaneously.

He headed into the house and I went into my room to drop off my bag before looking at my parents. When I got back into the living room Crystal was sitting on the floor alongside Mark and Jeff was standing in the kitchen doorway looking down the hall waiting for me to come back.

“Are you going to apologize for hitting my husband in the face?” My mother asked, clearly to Jeff.
He shot me a look, “No.”
“He doesn’t have to.” I chimed.
“I wasn’t talking to you.” She scolded.
“I don’t care who you were talking to, you don’t talk to my best friend that way.” Crystal yelled.
“You can shut your fucking mouth.” My father roared to life.
“You do not talk to my brother’s baby mama like that!” Mark hopped up.
“Why don’t both of you get back into your little fucking clown car and drive back to the god damned circus where ya’ll came from and leave me the fuck a-loooone!” I yelled.
“You will not use that tone of voice with me young lady.” My mother ordered.
“You can suck my left nut! Because I don’t give a shit!” I responded.
“What?” My father asked.
“Nuts, balls, testes, testicles, part of the male genital area. According to Leslie, the left one to be exact.”

Jeff clenched my hand tighter and I held him back. “Don’t. Let me handle this.”

“I just don’t understand why you won’t marry Andrew. He’s nice, and successful, and wealthy. Why won’t you marry him? Why marry, that?” she pointed to Jeff.
“What did you just call--” Mark started to say.
“Because Andrew is a fucking abuser okay!” I yelled then ran back into my room.

I slammed the door which was soon opened again by Jeff. I was biting my bottom lip so hard I was drawing blood. I was fighting back tears, and Jeff knew it. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I fell into place in the nook of his shoulder and just let it out.

From his arms I could hear the yelling. “Why won’t you just let her be happy!?” Crystal yelled.
“She isn’t happy with that beast! She needs someone who can support her! She shouldn’t need to work!” My father said.
“What does that matter? She loves him! He loves her! The date is in January! And you know what? You can suck my dick and go to hell ‘cause that’s where you belong! And you can do that to you saggy old maid!” Mark told them off. ‘And another thing! My brother is not a beast! He is very successful and doesn’t even deserve your daughter!!! But she loves him so go back to the wonderful world of fashion and hobos and leave us the fuck alone!”

“Well, we will not stand here and be spoken to that manner. Albert!? Let us go.” My mother directed.
Once the door was closed Crystal and Mark came into my room. After about a half hour of just sitting on my bed and laughing about the whole shit crystal called Bri and told him to come over with Anne. Mark blew up the air mattress and called Jen. This night could not end without a sleep over with the whole gang.