Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

This Is It

“Jen, can you zip me up and tie me in?”
“Yea!!” She hollered back.

After a few grunts and huffs and puffs later, I was in my beautiful wedding dress.

“Les? I have a call for you.” Crystal yelled from down the hall.
“Kay.” I said as she gave me the phone. “Hello?”
“Hey baby. You ready for this?”
I almost started crying, “I told you I didn’t want to hear his voice!”

All the girls giggled. “Sorry babe. I just had to hear your voice. Are you ready to be with one man for the rest of your life?”
“Are you ready to be with one woman for the rest of your life?” I answered.
He chuckled, “Of-course.”
I was sniffling at this point, “I’ll see you in about an hour.”
“Bye.”

I got into the limo and drove to the church. There were so many cars. His family and friends; my family and friends. Yes, my family was there. After a long talk with Jeff, I decided, that no matter how horrible they are, they should be here. All my friends from high school came, and so did all of his. There was about 1,000 people there. I was rushed into the back of the church, away from where anyone could see me.

Once everyone has sat down, the procession started and one by one I lost my best friends. First was Jen, followed by Jeff’s sister, then Leslie. I was all by myself. My parents didn’t come to the wedding; I walked down the aisle by myself.

The whole time I was breathing deep and making sure I didn’t fall. About half way down the aisle I really looked up only to see Jeff’s smiling face. I couldn’t hide my happiness. It was as if the whole room was black and there were just two spotlights on us. I fell in love with him all over again.

The whole time I was standing at the altar, I was captivated by him. Damn, he did look amazing in a tuxedo! We said the words, did the actions, and kissed at the end. It wasn’t like the kisses in the movies, just like three seconds. It was long and dirty. There were snickers from the pews, and I think the pastor said something too. We all filed out of the church and took pictures and went to the reception, which was held at the Ramada.
There was singing. Dancing, the wedding toasts.

“Dude,” Brian started out. “I never thought I would see the day you got married. You got yourself a great girl, now you just gotta hold on for the ride and never let her go.”
“You are truly my best friend and I will always be there for you. Remember Jeff, ‘til death 25 year old. Death! There’s no getting out now!” Crystal joked.
“You’re my twin brother. When we were little I never wanted to share you. Well, I guess now I have too. It’s a good thing Leslie isn’t a twin, or I would take the other one.” Mark said, just before Jen punched him playfully. “But we both got great girls, and, I’m going to take the spotlight off of the bride and groom here and,” he stopped before he finished his sentence. “Jennifer, would you do me the incredible honor of marrying me?”

Jen just looked at him. Blankly; as if she was about to say no. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t marry you. I love you. Yes!!”

The rest of the night went on happily. I didn’t need my parents approval anymore. I don’t care how they feel about what I want. All I care about are the people who care about me.