Status: Active

Don't Forget Memory Lane

Prologue

I should never have come here.

I started to back away, the white walls of the hospital starting to close in around me. I turned, the soles of my converse squeaking on the linoleum floor. The smell of cleaning detergent was starting to burn my nostrils. It was choking me. I couldn’t breathe and I stopped for a moment, my forehead resting against the cold wall.

“Memory, where are you going?”

His voice broke my moment of peace in a shattered world. I opened my grey eyes again and started to run. His velvet voice called out again but I was past hearing any of it.

It was my fault. I should have stayed away. I should have stayed tucked up in my little bookstore, at home with my blanket of novels and remained unseen and unheard.

I was just so desperate to be noticed. To be loved.

The automatic doors of the hospital opened as I rushed through them and I took in deep breaths of air, allowing the rain to cool my feverish skin.

I looked down at my hands, which were caked with the dry blood of my friends.

I dropped to my knees.

I should never have come here.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you haven't read my blog post...I have decided to rewrite this story.I felt very unhappy about the start of it, and I took in some advice that was left from comment swaps and I want to make the start a bit more interesting. The plot will remain the same, and not much will change. I just feel it needed a little bit of a do-over...

Question for readers...I like the layout but do you feel with the do-over, should I change the layout too?What do you think?