Defining the Word "Groupie"

Lizzie

Excitement was pulsing through my veins that morning. It may have been from the Monster drink in my hand that was now half gone. It could have also been because of the fact I was going to Warped Tour...a band-fanatics dream. Yes, I can admit freely that I love some bands more than some people in the world. I know the bands won't know my name, but I don't care. I'm just addicted to the music. The music makes me whole, or at least thats what I think.

"I'll be back kiddies," I said to Tania and Olivia, both still half asleep in their sleeping bags. I heard the shower running in the downstairs bathroom, so I headed upstairs to get ready. I walked into my room and saw the big brown eyes of Travis Clark staring back at me.

Instead of just smiling and walking by, my eyes darted down, like he was actually in the room and not just on my We The Kings' poster like normal. I took in a deep breath, unable to believe I was going to try and sleep with him...especially because I hear he has a girlfriend back in Florida. Even though his Myspace now says that he's single, and she's not his number one on his top ten, I still feel like he'd be cheating.

Maybe I felt this way because I feel like an outsider in that world. I go to the shows, I give hugs, I'm a really hyper and fun person, but I never fit in. Maybe it's my dark hair. Maybe it's the fact that I don't smoke or drink. Maybe it's because of the nasty false rumors that were spread about me. The only place I fit in is with Farrah, Olivia, and Tania. I don't know what I'd do without them.

I figured that if I tried this, and it worked, then maybe I'd have the confidence to move forward in my life in stride. I'd know someone thought I was attractive. I'd have a bond, even for a short time, with someone I had feelings for, no matter how crazy they were.

I walked past the poster, feeling the picture's eyes on my back as I went to my closet. I looked over my clothes twice, not knowing what to wear. A dress? No, that is definitely not right. A band shirt? Yeah, never gonna get double looks in that.

I looked over all my choices once more before seeing a purple tank top on the ground. I picked it up to see a few small ruffles on the front. I smiled, deciding on that and a pair of short shorts that Farrah had left at my house a year ago and still never remembered to bring home.

I put my clothes on my bed before walking out to the upstairs bathroom and getting in the shower, hoping the next time I was in this shower I would be covered in Travis cooties and love marks.