Status: Complete

That Stupid Little Red-Headed Twit

8/3/1991

Dear Diary,

Today, an elderly witch came to my house to take me to get my school supplies. Her name was Professor McGonagall, and she teaches Transfiguration at Hogwarts. I don’t know how she got here; there wasn’t a car in sight when she arrived! Maybe she flew on a broom? At any rate, we all got in our car and drove to London, where she took me to a pub called The Leaky Cauldron. From there, we went to Diagon Alley. Professor McGonagall pulled out her wand and tapped the brick wall behind the pub, and they all just moved for her so we could get in! It’s so exciting to see magic in action!

The first thing we had to do was go to Gringotts, the bank. Goblins run it! They’re so small, and they have weird-looking fingers. But Mum and Dad exchanged their money (McGonagall called it “Muggle money”) for the gold, silver and bronze that we would use to buy my school things. I got a cauldron, telescope, potion ingredients, and all my books. Mum and Dad even got me some extra books. I’m particularly excited about Hogwarts, A History. Then I went and got my wand. A man named Mr. Olivander sold it to me. It took FOREVER to find one that was just right! I must have gone through hundreds of wands. Mine ended up being vine wood with a dragon heartstring core, 9 and a half inches long. Mum put it in the box so I’d stop playing with it.

All this hustle and bustle has gotten me even more excited for Hogwarts than I was before. I think I’ll start in on some books tonight.

28 more days until Hogwarts!

Love,
Hermione
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
comments? I'm getting rather excited about this story.