Status: Complete

That Stupid Little Red-Headed Twit

8/27/1991

Oh my, I haven’t written in a while, have I?

I’ve been caught up in my new books, they’re so fascinating! Did you know that at Hogwarts, the ceiling is enchanted to look like the night sky? And it’s one of the oldest Wizarding schools in Europe? I must have read Hogwarts, A History a half-dozen times already.

I’ve also read my spell books, I actually have most of them memorized. I started practicing the other night. Mum broke a glass on accident, but I fixed it with a wave of my wand and a, “Reparo!” I fell so helpful. Being a witch is awesome. :)

Although, I’m getting kind of nervous now, entering the magical world. I’ve gathered from my readings that I’m a “Muggle-born,” or for nastier terms, a “Mudblood.” I’m also worried that I’ll be so far behind everyone else, because I never grew up with magic. Hopefully, there’ll be some kids like me at Hogwarts, and my reading will help me through almost anything.

Finally, I’ve been reading a lot about a boy called Harry Potter. He’s the only one in history to survive a Killing Curse, and he was only a baby! They say You-Know-Who tried to kill him when he was one, but somehow the curse just rebound and hit You-Know-Who instead. By my calculations, he’s about the same age as me. I hope to see him at Hogwarts!

4 days until Hogwarts!

Love,
Hermione
♠ ♠ ♠
woot! keep 'em coming! I love comments :)