Status: Complete

That Stupid Little Red-Headed Twit

9/1/1991

Dear Diary,

I’m here! I’m finally at Hogwarts!!! And boy, did I have a crazy day!

So, first off, you have to take a train to Hogwarts. I was totally surprised! I thought we’d be flying or something like that. But the wizards have their own platform at King’s Cross, Platform 9 ¾. We didn’t know how to get on at first, but then a boy about my age and his grandmother showed me how to get on. You have to walk through the wall between platforms 9 and 10. I was so scared at first, but I took it at a run, and was fine. I ended up in a compartment with the boy who helped him. His name’s Neville Longbottom.

Then about half-way through the train ride, Neville lost his toad, Trevor, so I helped him look for it. And then, you’ll never guess who I met? That’s right, Harry Potter! He was sitting in a compartment with another boy with red hair who said his name’s Ron Weasley. He tried to do some magic, but it wasn’t very good. So I showed him how to do it, and fixed Harry’s glasses. Later on, there was a lot of commotion in the hallways, and I swear those two were trying to fight three other rather mean looking boys. Honestly, don’t they know not to do this kind of thing?

When we finally got to Hogwarts, we were lead inside by Professor McGonagall, and we were sorted into our houses by the Sorting Hat, which sang a song before it began sorting. I nearly jumped out of my skin when it did! When I got called up, I was ever so nervous, but did the best I could to think of all the spells I knew. It ALMOST put me in Ravenclaw, but it decided on Gryffindor instead. I’m so happy!!!

My dorm mates are Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown, and Harry, Ron and Neville were all sorted into Gryffindor too. Thankfully, that blonde boy (who’s name is Draco Malfoy, I found out) is in Slytherin. Hopefully, I’ll be able to avoid him. He seems really mean.

Classes start tomorrow!

Love,
Hermione
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
comments???? please???? ;D