Mama

Mama, we're all gonna die...

Dear Gerard,
How could you do this to me? How did this happen? What made you this way? I want to help you! We can fix this, you don’t have to live like this! Please Gerard, let me help you. I don’t want you to be like the rest of them, to die with that name.

Sincerely,
Your Mother


Dear Mom,
Please stop asking so many questions! I don’t like to see you upset, but this is not something you can fix! It’s just the path I’ve chosen. It’s not your fault or mine. It’s just who I am. I’ve decided that this is the way I am, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. We’re all going to die, we’ve all sinned, so then we must be all going to Hell. I don’t know what else to say, just that if you love me you’ll be ok with this.

Love,
Gerard


It was a few days after the conflict Gerard had with his mother, when he decided to call his friend. He though it would be a good way to get things off his chest.

“Hello?” Frank answered on the phone.
“Hi Frankie, it’s Gerard.” He said excited that he answered.
“Hey! What’s up?”
“Well… I told my mom…” Gerard said with a gulp. “…about us.”
“Oh, well, how did she take it?”
“Well, I’ve been staying in a motel for the past couple of nights.”
“Oh.” Frankie replied with disappointment in his tone.
“Frank, I don’t think she loves me anymore.” Gerard said beginning to cry.
“Sweetie, don’t cry! She just doesn’t understand! I’m sure she still loves you, she just has to get used to it that’s all.”
“You’re right.” Gerard said calming down. “Have you told your parents yet?”
“No, and I’m not planning on it anytime soon.”
“How are you going to do that? You can’t hide forever!”
“Well I have a plan. You know my friend Jamia?” Frankie asked.
“Yeah, the chick that looks like you, right?” Gerard asked with a snicker.
“Yeah, well since we’re really close friends, she said she would pose as my girlfriend for a while. Just in till I get the nerve to tell them.”
“Well, I hope that works out for you.” Gerard said with a yawn. “I better go now, I need sleep. I haven’t been sleeping good lately.”
“Ok, good night.” Frankie said sweetly. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”