Status: Finished .

Impulse

Chapter Twelve .

Emma laid in her childhood bed, staring at the wall in front of her silently. Blond hair fell into her eyes, causing her hand to push the strands away from her face. Sniffling, Emma's eyes shifted to the loud, spinning cell phone on her nightstand. Reaching up, she picked up the device, looking at the caller ID. Tears fell from her eyes at the name.

Courage struck her, forcing her phone through the room and against the wall, breaking the small object before it hit the floor. She closed her eyes, turning on to her back, covering her face with her hands as she began to sob. Bottom lip quivering, Emma opened her eyes, her face flushed as she sat up in the bed. Looking over at the phone, she bit her bottom lip, guilt and loneliness setting in.

She could see Brian now, sitting in the living room, cigarette in between his fingers as he stared angrily at the phone. She wiped her face off, smearing her mascara down her cheeks. She chuckled to herself softly, trying to imagine what she looked like at the moment, crying over her abusive husband. Wiping mucus from her upper lip, Emma sighed, feeling herself cave in, her emotions take over.

She climbed down from the bed, crawling over to the dismembered phone. She put the pieces back together, something she wished she could do the same with her relationship. As the screen lit up, Emma began to remember the bad things, the bruises, the cuts, the welts, the pain he put her through. The pain he put his daughter through.

The way he would call her out of her name, tell her she was stupid, and worthless. She remembered the times when he would yell in her face, pull at her hair, and tell her that he regretted marrying her. The times when he pushed her around, making her slam into the walls, into photos, just hard enough to tell her that he was angry, that he was going to come back 10 times worse if she even glanced up at him.

She knew better than this, she knew she shouldn't call him back, that she shouldn't just take him back. She was weak for this, she knew all too well. Staring down at her wallpaper, a photo of her and Brian at Avenged Sevenfold's first show. She smiled, memories of years ago played in her head, how sweet he was, before he turned into the monster she knew now.

Running her fingers along the screen, she viewed the missed calls from Brian, Matt, Jane, and Charlotte. She held the tips of her fingers above the screen, she stared down at his name, knowing that with just the touch of her finger things could become worse. Pulling her fingers away, she ran them through her hair, pulling at the strands. Bringing her index down, she touched his name, her finger leaving a small print behind from sweat.

The phone began to ring, the sound echoing in her head as she stared ahead of her, her fist pressed against her mouth.

"Emma" Brian's voice came through the phone, his tone soft.

"Brian, I-I'm sorry I left..." She said, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Don't be, I'm sorry for what I did... I don't know what came over me. If I could take it back, I would, I swear. Just come home, baby. Please?" He asked.

Emma looked down at the carpet, looking up at the door. She was helpless, she was going to take him back. He was lying, through his teeth. He was aware of what he did, and he wouldn't take it back if his life depended upon it. She sighed softly, shaking her head before clearing her throat.

"Yeah, I'll come home" She said, instantly regretting it.

"Perfect. Take your time, baby. I'll make dinner. I love you" He said.

"I love you too, Brian. Bye" She said, hanging up her phone.

Scratching the back of her neck, Emma sighed. Looking outside, the day was nice, the sun was shining as always. She stood up from her seat on the floor, deciding that she would enjoy her time away from Brian as long as she could. Knowing she had to pick Amelia up from school, Emma glanced over at the clock, seeing that it was only 10 o'clock.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Emma shrugged carelessly and walked over to her bed, pulling open her duffel bag. She peered inside, pulling out pieces of clothing. Throwing them onto the bed, she grabbed a bra and a pair of underwear, walking into the bathroom.

A few moments later, Emma walked out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around her small frame as she shook her head, causing droplets of water to fly through the room, and her short blond hair to stick to her face and neck. Laughing, she dried herself off, pulling on her clothing quickly. Bending over, Emma ran her fingers through her hair vigorously, using the black hair tie around her wrist to pull all of her hair into a high ponytail.

Sighing, Emma applied foundation to her face, she covered her eyelashes in mascara, and covered her bottom and top lash lines in black eyeliner. She grabbed her purse from the bed, opening her bedroom door, she could hear soft music playing from downstairs, and the sound of her mother and father talking to one another. Grinning, Emma walked down the stairs.

"Now look at you" Her mother said, her smile bright.

"Thanks Mom. I was going to head out for a while" Emma said.

"Okay. Call us if you need us" Ivan said.

Nodding, Emma left the house, walking out into the bright California day. She smiled, the sun feeling nice against her golden California tanned skin. She held her arm out, her purse hanging from the crook of her elbow as she walked down the street. The day smelled of the sea, reminding Emma of her teen years, before everything had went downhill.

Smoothing her hair, Emma could hear the sound of feet hitting pavement, she looked down, feeling a slight breeze and smelling musk pass as the person passed her by, the music of their iPod loud enough for her to hear. The person slowed down, pulling the buds from their ears to smile at Emma.

"Hey!" He almost yelled, starling her.

Emma looked up to see the man she had met the day before. She gave him a sheepish smile, waving awkwardly as she scratched the back of her head. He walked over, a large smile on his face, his solid black board shorts hung low on his hips, his torso exposed, causing a blush to creep over Emma's face.

"How are you?" He asked, his question catching Emma off guard.

"I'm good, how about you?" She asked as he walked towards her.

"I'm great! Just going out for a jog, where's the little one?" He asked.

"School" She said, nodding.

Julian made an 'O' shape with his mouth, a large smile spreading across his face after wards.

"So, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Just, you know, going for a walk" She nodded.

"I see. So, do you want to get something? There's this awesome cafe, they make the best smoothies" He asked, putting his hand out towards her.

"Yeah, okay" Emma said, smiling, putting her hand in his.

"Great, lets go" He said, pulling her along.

Arriving at the cafe, Julian opened the door for Emma, letting the woman walk in first. She smiled at him, walking in, the smell of fruit filled her nose, making her sigh in content. Julian's hand lightly touched the small of Emma's back, leading her alongside of him. Walking up to the counter, Julian scanned the large menu.

"What do you want? I'm paying" He asked, looking down at her.

"Uhm... Can I have a Mango Madness?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Of course, and I'll get a Strawberry and Banana Blitz" He said, pushing his hands into his pockets.

After grabbing their drinks, Emma and Julian take a seat in the front of the small cafe, taking small sips from their drinks as they talked about themselves. Emma learned that Julian was a 25 year old physical therapist from North Dakota. He was raised by a single Mom, he has a fraternal twin sister named Julia, and two brothers named Ryan and Ethan, Ryan 18, and Ethan 10.

Emma smiled at him as he went on about his family, and how he had just recently moved to California after college. She smiled, taking a sip of her smoothie before glancing out the window, a lump forming in her throat. Brian's large black Escalade sat outside the cafe, she could see him walk around the car, she could already feel the anger radiating off of him as he walked to the door.

"Oh no..." She whispered.

"What? Whats the matter?" Julian asked, looking at her worriedly.

The bell was loud, making everyone's head snap to the angry man at the door. His face was hard, like stone, his hands clenching at his sides as he walked over to their table. Emma closed her eyes, ignoring Julian as she quickly grabbed her purse, walking to Brian. She looked at him, his glare almost paralyzing as he grabbed her bicep hard, giving Julian a look before pulling his wife out of the cafe.

She had been caught.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emma's Outfit
Emma's Purse
I Totally Forgot About The Purse , Lol . & I Have That Purse , I'm In Love With It , I Take It EVERYWHERE, It Smells Like Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton , And Its Just Damn Amazing .
So , She Took Him Back .
Oh Shizz , You Guys Probably Hate Me , XD .

Shit Is About To Go Down

Brace Yourselves .

alq14fred , VampAngel77 , Quinn Daniels , Passionately_Yours , SynfullySweet , autumnfreakshow , MusicMadness , Harley Harlot , & iwasthere .

Thankssomuch For The Comments !
5Comments

Oh ! Side Note . So , A Few Hours Ago , I Was Walking Through My Mommy's House And I Stubbed My Toe , So Bad That Half My Toe Nail Came Off . So , Now I've Got Half A Toe Nail On My Left Big Toe , It Hurts , Its Bleeding , And I Don't Have A Band Aid .