Status: Finished .

Impulse

Chapter Five .

It was dark out. The once bright blue sky was replaced with a depressing darkness, the shining yellow sun was replaced by the moon, its pale light doing nothing for the large city of Huntington Beach, California. Wind blew violently through the city, stripping trees of their leaves; giving them the appearance of skeletons.

Thunder clapped loudly as rain poured mercilessly from the engorged clouds above; waves crashed hard against the shores and rocks of California. Birds, seagulls, ravens, crows, flew through the stormy sky, the wind making it harder and harder for them to move through the sky as they once were doing before.

Brian sat on their balcony, the spray of sea water hitting him in the face as he watched the storm closely. Calmness consumed the man as he watched intensively, lighting flashed through the sky in a blur, seeming to light up the whole street. Bare feet touched concrete, the wet ground making shivers run up and down his spine.

He walked through the sliding glass door, warmth washing over him as he shut the door behind him. The house was calm, still, quiet. The sound of knocking on his front door broke the silence, he walked through the large house, down the stairs and into the living room. The knocking continued, Brian walked up to the door, opening it up to see Matt standing there, hair and clothing wet from the rain.

Brian stepped aside, watching Matt walk in, shedding himself of his wet jacket. He turned around, Brian knew why he was there. Brian shut the door, walking into the kitchen. He pulled a bottle from the cabinet, along with two short glasses. Filling the glasses with the strong amber liquid, Brian wrapped his fingers around them, walking into the living room.

Taking a seat across from Matt, Brian set his glass on to the table. Matt picked up the glass, nodding at Brian before taking the drink down, feeling it burst as it hit his stomach, sending warmth throughout his body. Slamming his glass down, he looked around the house, seeing so sign of Emma.

"Where's Emmy?" He asked, watching Brian stare into his glass.

"Sleep, upstairs" He answered, his voice was raspy, tired.

The sounds of thunder were loud, the flash of lightning lighting up Brian's house for a split second. Matt looked towards the stairs, his eyes scanning the area, only imagining what has happened in this house. He was tired of sitting back and watching this all happen, he was worried, and he felt that it was time for Brian to know.

"You know why I came over" Matt said bluntly, Brian nodded.

"This needs to stop, Brian" Matt stated.

"Yeah, I know" Brian spoke, eyes downcast.

"I know you've got problems, Bri. But doing this to Emma isn't going to make them just magically disappear. I know you lose yourself sometimes, and I know that you're aware of what you're doing. So, don't make any excuses. There's no reason for you to hurt her" Matt said, Brian looked up.

"I know. I can't control myself sometimes, I just lose it. And I know what I do is wrong, but when it happens, I just don't care. All I care about is hurting her" He shook his head, his finger dipping into his glass.

"You need help, Brian" Matt shook his head, leaning back.

"You think I'm not trying to get help?" Brian snapped.

"No, I don't. Because I know you aren't" Matt said simply, Brian stayed silent.

"Listen, Brian. You need help, man. You're going to go too far one day, I know you are. If you don't get help soon, I'm going to take over. I'm doing this because I love Emma like a sister, and you're like a brother to me. I only want what's best for her" Matt stated, shrugging.

"She already has whats best for her" Brian muttered.

"Yeah? I husband that beats the shit out of her because he can't control himself? Brian, she's afraid of you. All the shit you've put her through Brian, sooner or later its going to backfire on your ass and you're going to wake up one morning and she's going to be gone. If I were her I would have left you by now" Matt said.

"I'm fucking trying, okay? I'm trying to change, I'm going to go to counseling, I'm trying, Matt. Cut me some fucking slack" Brian said, Matt stood.

"I've already done that for you. You've got an appointment with Dr. Sylvester tomorrow at three o'clock. You better fucking show Brian, if you don't you know exactly whats going to happen" Matt said, walking to the door.

"Yeah, whatever" Brian muttered, standing up.

He listened to the door open, and close with a loud slam only a few moments after. He downed his drink, dropping the glass to the floor, listening to it shatter as he walked towards the stairs. He listened to his footsteps as he walked up the stairs slowly. Reaching the top, he walked into their bedroom, taking in the dimly lit room.

He chuckled, remembering the day he and Emma argued over the color of the room. He found it too, 'feminine', while Emma thought it was just right for the both of them. He remembers caving, letting his then fiance to take over and do what she wanted, he instantly regretted it the moment he stepped into the room. But, having lived in the house, and sleeping the room for over 3 years, it had grown on him.

He walked to the side of the bed, seeing Emma lying in bed. She laid on her side, covers resting on her waist. She wore a tank top, bruised arms exposed. Her shirt rode up, exposing her discolored stomach. Her face was bruised, swollen from the cuts on her nose, and lip. Her blonde hair was straight, pulled back into a high ponytail.

His fingers traced the bruises, the scars. He caught his bottom lip between his teeth, his flat hair falling in his face as he leaned forward, seeing her stir. He thought back on the times when they were happy, the times where he didn't have to hurt her. Why he hit her, he felt that he needed to, to show her where she was in the relationship, that she was inferior to him.

Sighing, Brian stripped his shirt off, walking around to the other side of the bed. Getting underneath the covers, he sighed, pulling Emma towards him. She nuzzled her face into his chest, her hot breath hitting his chest, sneaking up his neck, giving him goosebumps. Closing his eyes, he rested his head on top of hers, opening his eyes when he heard his phone go off.

Grabbing the device, he pressed the small green button and held it to his ear.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Daddy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sorry It Took So Long , And I'm Sorry That Its Not That Good .
I Had Some Serious Writer's Block , And I Decided To Shine Some Light On Brian For A Moment .
So, Brian Has A "Problem" What Do You Think It Is ?
Guess Right , And I'll Do Something Nice , Whatever You Would Like Me To ♥ .

I Love You Guys So Much ! Thank You So Much For The Comments .
It Really Keeps Me Motivated .
Emma & Brian's House
Emma & Brian's Bedroom

If You Think Things Are Going To Get Better, I'm Sorry, But You're Sadly Mistaken.
7Comments