Status: Finished .

Impulse

Chapter Eight .

Emma bit into her bottom lip, teeth sinking into flesh as she held the small, white stick in her hands. Tears rolled down her blotchy face, her nose running as she wiped at her features. Placing the stick on the counter next to the other two, Emma covered her face, crying into her hands.

Her bottom lip quivered, her face warm as her body shook with sobs. She sniffled, looking across the way into her bedroom. Her phone sat on her bed, the small device had been ringing for the past three hours. Emma ran her hands over her bare legs, glancing at her counter.

She couldn’t believe it. She was stunned, ashamed, and afraid. How could she had been so careless? What was she going to do? How was she going to tell Brian? The questions clouded her mind, causing her to become frustrated. She was never going to go to college, Brian wasn’t going to become famous.

One night was all it took. Emma stood, the eighteen year old high school student grabbed the three small sticks, walking into her bedroom. Falling back on to her bed, she closed her eyes. She knew the risks, the consequences, yet she didn’t follow, instead she trusted him with her body, her virginity.

Emma had ignored the signs, the missed period, tender breasts, constant fatigue, morning sickness, and the crippling headaches. She opened her eyes once again, staring at the popcorn ceiling. Placing a hand on her lower stomach, she sighed, her phone began to ring loudly, demanding attention.

There was no need to look, it was Brian. She had been avoiding him since ‘the night’ almost one month ago. She was a senior, a dancer, a straight A student, she was the last person she thought would get pregnant. Tears slid down the side of her face, strands of curly blond hair absorbing the liquid.

She wondered what Brian would say, what he would do. Would he stay by her side? Or, would he leave like the rest? Emma could only ponder. She realized she had to tell him, because he was going to find out eventually. Her hand wrapped around her cell phone, pressing the small green button twice.

“Emmy?” Came a tired female voice.

“Jane?” Emma’s voice was helpless.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Jane asked, sounding more alert.

“Can you come over please? Its important” She asked.

“Of course, I’ll be there soon. Do you need anything at all?” Jane asked.

“Just your support” Emma answered.

“I’m on my way”

Emma hung up the phone. She placed the three sticks on to her stomach, picking one at random, the small pink plus sign stared her in the face, mocking her. Picking another, she stared at the word ‘Pregnant’ in simple letters. She shook her head, sighing in disappointment as she placed the test back onto her stomach.

A knock on her door startled Emma, making the girl place the tests underneath her. Jane walked inside, an overnight bag slung over her shoulder as she closed the door behind her.

“You look horrible…” She said.

“Thanks, a lot” Emma snapped.

“Oh, don’t take it that way honey, you just look like you’ve been crying” Jane said.

Emma looked over at her friend, tears forming in her already red eyes as she began to cry. Jane’s eyes widened, and she shook her head, running her fingers through Emma’s hair.

“Hey, no crying. What’s the matter? You can tell me” Jane spoke.

Emma sat up, pulling her hand from behind her back, presenting the three sticks to Jane. Her mouth fell open, silence swallowed the room. Jane pulled Emma to her chest, wrapping her arms around her friend, Emma began to cry, letting the tests fall to the floor with soft noises.

“Oh honey… What are you going to do?” Jane asked, pulling away, smoothing Emma’s hair.

“I-I don’t know yet… I haven’t even told Brian yet. I was thinking about just getting an abortion and not telling him anything about it” Emma spoke.

“No. No way are you going to abort this baby, Emmy. And when you tell Brian, if he doesn’t man up then you’ve got me, your parents, Char, and the rest of the guys” Jane said.

“Thank you” She said, looking down at her hands.

“Of course. Just think, Emmy. You’re going to have a beautiful baby boy or girl in just a few months. You’re carrying a baby right now, you’re giving somebody a chance at life. I know its hard now, and I know you may have your doubts but things will get better, I swear. There’s a little angel growing inside there” She said, pointing to Emma’s stomach.

“Yeah… You’re right” Emma nodded.

“Once you feel your baby kick, or hear its heartbeat you’re going to fall in love and you’re going to be happy that you kept it. Think about it, this baby is going to be your everything, and you’re going to be everything to this baby. The love you’re going to feel is going to just blow your mind when you first hold the little one.” She said, smiling.

“Yeah. I guess I can tell Brian tomorrow?” Emma asked, Jane nodded.

“Don’t even worry about being a bad mother either, because I know you’re going to be a kick ass mom. The love is going to be unconditional, regardless the gender, your baby is going to be beautiful, just like its Momma” ” Jane said, hugging Emma once again.

“Thank you, Jane”

“Anytime, Emma, anytime”
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmmm .
This Chapter Holds A Very Special Place In My Heart .


Shadows Harlot, a7x rocker, Devour., helenbaine, SynfullySweet, VampAngel77, moviemaniac888, better.than.sex, save.the.last.dance, Lipgloss-and-Black, alq14fred, heartagrams, autumnfreakshow, sTeLLaRxFRESH, & bleubirdie .

Thanks So Much For The Birthday Wishes, And The Comments ! ♥
10Comments