Status: Finished .

Impulse

Chapter Nine .

Emma sat in Brian's car, a small stuffed teddy bear in her arms as she stared out the window, watching the scenery pass in the blur. Sinking her fingernails into the small bear, she bit her lip in anticipation. Emma tucked her bangs behind her ear, rubbing her lips together as they pulled into the driveway.

It was Saturday night, 9:45. Facial bruises were covered up by foundation, the small cut on the bridge of her nose had scabbed over, covered with foundation as well. The cut on her bottom lip had gone down, yet still noticeable. Running her fingers through her hair, fingertips running over a cut on her scalp, caused by a bottle of Bud Light just a few nights ago.

The burn on her forearm was covered by gauze still, the skin underneath raw and blistered. Brian parked the car, pulling the keys from the ignition as he looked over at Emma, a look of disgust and anger on his face. Grabbing the teddy bear, Brian held it in his hands, looking over at Emma he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the fuck is this?" He asked.

"Reggie, Jimmy bought him for Amelia for her 5th birthday, but I never got to give him to her" Emma explained softly, avoiding eye contact.

Brian grunted, handing the bear back to Emma. She held the soft bear to her chest, looking out the window. She scratched the back of her neck as her leg began to bounce, a sign of impatience and excitement. Seeing Ryan and Olivia's red Nissan Altima pull up a few parking spots away from them, Emma smiled, her heart beating faster.

Ryan stepped out of his car, slamming the door behind him as he placed his keys in his pocket. Olivia got out of the car, glancing over at the large black Escalade that sat in the distance. Rolling her eyes, Olivia looked over as the back door opened, Amelia stepping out slowly, looking at her surroundings.

Brian sighed, unbuckling his seat belt, letting Emma know that it was okay to get out. He got out of the car, glaring over at Ryan as he held on to Amelia's hand. The sound of Emma's heels made Brian look over as she rounded the corner, a smile on her face as she stood next to him, the feeling of impatience radiating off of her.

Ryan let go of Amelia's hand, the little girl ran to her biological mother, running into her open arms. Emma picked her up, closing her eyes tightly as she held her daughter close, running her fingers through her long brown hair.

"She needs to take a bath tonight, have her in bed by 10" Ryan said, his hand extending, a pink backpack in his hand.

Brian snatched the backpack from Ryan's hand, narrowing his eyes before he opened up the car door, getting inside, slamming the door shut behind him. Emma gave Olivia and Ryan an apologetic smile as she turned around, opening the back door, letting Amelia climb in the car before she shut the door.

"Emma. Do not let him touch my daughter" Olivia warned.

Emma walked on, the words Olivia spoke playing in her mind, hurting her as she opened her car door, getting inside the vehicle. She slammed the car door shut angrily, getting a look from Brian, she sighed, buckling herself up before looking into the rear view mirror, smiling at Amelia as the small girl kicked her legs into the back of Brian's seat.

"Stop that, Amelia" Brian said, sighing as he started the car.

"Sorry Daddy" She said softly, eyes casting downwards.

Emma looked over at Brian, watching him intently as he pulled from his parking spot. She smiled, the smile was soft, hardly there. She was happy that she had her daughter, even if it was for just a few days. She leaned forward, grabbing Reggie from the floor, running her fingers over his eyes. She studied his face, tracing the heart on his chest.

The car stopped, Emma looked up to see her house sitting in front of her. She looked over at Brian who was getting out of the car, a pink backpack in his hands. Emma mocked his actions, slamming the door shut, opening Amelia's as the small girl climbed out. Emma handed the small bear to her daughter.

"Uncle Jimmy bought that for you, baby. His names Reggie" She explained, picking her daughter up from the ground.

"Reggie. I like that name" Amelia shared, smiling.

"Me too, Jimmy did a good job, huh?" She asked, Amelia nodded.

Emma carried Amelia into the house, the door left oped after Brian. Shutting the door, Emma placed Amelia on the floor, the small girl standing beside her mother, afraid of Brian who had moved into the living room, beer in hand as he stared at the wall blankly. Emma felt small arms wrap around her waist, she placed her hand on top of Amelia's head.

"Why don't you go see your daddy, baby? Momma's gonna go grab something to eat" She said softly.

Amelia looked up at her mother, large blue eyes nervous. Emma smiled down at her daughter, her fingers running through her long hair. Amelia let go of her mother, slowly walking into the living room. She climbed on to the couch, crawling over to her father, a nervous look on her face.

"Hi Daddy" She spoke, her small voice catching Brian's attention.

He looked over, brown eyes softening as he smiled at her. Reaching out, he grabbed Amelia's arm, pulling her on to his lap, cradling his daughter to his side, her head resting on his shoulder. Amelia smiled, her eyes closing as he rubbed her back softly.

"I missed you, sweetie" Brian said.

"I missed you too, Daddy" She said, smiling.

Emma rested herself against the door frame of the kitchen, smiling at the two. She ran her fingers through her hair, two plates of spaghetti in her hands. She walked into the living room, making the two look up, smiles coming across both of their faces. She placed the two plates down on to the table in front of them, walking back into the kitchen.

Emma grabbed the small glass of milk on the counter, the smell of spaghetti making her stomach growl. Emma hadn't been allowed to eat since the incident with Brian's medication, it was one of the punishments he made his wife endure. Emma walked into the living room, milk in hands as she sat down next to Amelia.

"Here you go, baby" She spoke, placing the drink on the table.

"Thanks Mommy, aren't you going to eat?" She asked.

"No, I already ate, and stop talking with your mouth full" She lied, smiling.

Nodding, Amelia swallowed the food in her mouth. She leaned forward, grabbing the glass of milk in her small hand. She brought it to her lips, she could feel the wet glass slip. Emma jumped, feeling a cold liquid seep into her pants. Things happened too fast for her to comprehend, and before she knew it, Amelia was staring down at the couch, small hand held to her cheek.

"Go up to your room. Now" Brian spoke, his voice stern.

Emma watched as Amelia crawled over her, running up to her bedroom. Emma looked back over at Brian, anger rising as she watched Brian mutter words under his breath, wiping at his lap.

"Could you stop fucking staring and get me something?" He snapped.

Emma got up quickly, walking into the kitchen. She grabbed a dish towel and rushed back into the living room. Brian snatched the dish towel from her hands, wiping at his lap, arms, and face. She stood, fingers playing with one another as she found the courage to speak.

"You didn't have to hit her... I-it was an accident" She said, trying to defend her daughter.

"Shut the fuck up and get out my face before I hit you too" He seethed.

Shaking her head, Emma walked up the stairs. She wasn't surprised that Brian had hit their daughter. She was angry, her hands clenching at her sides as she stood in front of Amelia's room, her daughter's sobbing could be heard from inside the room. Sighing, Emma opened the door, witnessing a scene she had seen too many times.

Amelia sat in the corner, Reggie clutched tightly to her chest as she cried into his fur. Emma felt a pang of hurt, and guilt in her heart as she walked further into the room. Getting down on all fours, she crawled to her daughter. She sat down beside her.

"Let me see" Emma repeated the words she had spoken so many times.

Sniffling, Amelia looked up at her mother, blue eyes blood shot as she cried softly. A large red mark covered the right side of her face. Emma sighed, feeling tears sting her eyes as she pulled her daughter to her chest. She rested her head on the top of Amelia's, smoothing her hair.

Emotions ran high, Emma felt guilty for bringing Amelia back into this. She knew what she had to do, picking Amelia up from the ground, she sat Amelia down on to the bed. Telling her daughter to stay in the bedroom, Emma walked out of the room, walking down the hallway slowly.

Stepping into her bedroom, she fell to her knees, grabbing a bag from under their bed. She opened the closet, ripping shirts, pants, and jackets from the hangers, shoving them into the bag. Pulling open a drawer, she grabbed underwear and bras, mocking her actions before. Standing up straight, she zipped up the bag, slinging it over her shoulder.

Entering Amelia's bedroom, Emma picked Amelia up from the bed. Marching down the stairs, Emma grabbed Amelia's backpack, her purse, and her keys. Opening up the door, she saw that Brian's car was gone. Sighing, she shut the door behind her and walked over her to car, setting Amelia down.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Amelia asked, her voice wavering.

Emma didn't answer, she opened up the back door, telling Amelia to get inside. Obeying her mother, Amelia looked over as the door shut. Walking to the other side, Emma opened the door and got inside, shoving the keys into the ignition. She started the car, peeling out of the driveway.

Amelia looked out the window, the sky was dark, she knew it was past her bedtime because she was becoming tired. The car stopped, Emma looked to her right to see their house, their car sat in the driveway, making her sigh in relief. She looked in the back to see Amelia laying, her eyes closed as she slept.

Emma got out of the car, her purse, bag, and Amelia's backpack on her left arm. She closed her door, opening Amelia's before she grabbed the small girl, cradling her to her side as she closed the door with her hip. She walked up to the front door, kicking the object with her foot, making a much louder sound than intended.

Footsteps were heard inside the house, making Emma shift her daughter on her hip, her finger tapping against her daughter's stomach. The door opened, the person on the other end looking at the two girls with concern and surprise.

"Dad, can we stay the night? I'll explain in the morning"
♠ ♠ ♠
Emma's Outfit
Amelia
Ryan & Olivia
Reggie
Amelia's Bedroom

I Have That Teddy Bear , When I Squeeze Him I Can Hear His Heartbeat ♥
Sorry If That Last Chapter Was Confusing , It Was Just A Small Flashback Because I Thought I'd Give You Guys Some Background And Stuff .
Sorry This Took So Damn Long , Lol .
I Had A Bit Of Writers Block .
But , Its Out Now !
:D

a7x rocker, moviemaniac888, Devour., alq14fred, autumnfreakshow, better.than.sex, SynfullySweet, heartagrams, Quinn Daniels, & AmiiMayday .
Thankssomuch for the comments ! ♥

Oh ! Check This Out .
5Comments