Post-It

One of Two

It’s sunny, hot and humid – all the things that are signature for the Warped Tour. Alex is sitting in a beach chair outside of the bus watching Jack fill a kiddie pool with water. Alex doesn’t really have the heart to tell him that it’s a kiddie pool – it’s not going to do much to help him cool down.

“Are you going to come in with me?” Jack asks as he dumps yet another bucket of ice water in. “Because I don’t think you’re going to fit.”

“That’s okay – I’ll just watch you.”

“You can be the lifeguard.”

“Sounds good, B-Kat.”

Alex leans back in his chair and closes his eyes. He hears Jack splashing around in the water, trying to cool himself down - and then suddenly, someone smacks him in the forehead. He jolts out of his chair, looking around for the culprit, but he can only see Jack. Then, he realizes there’s a post-it note stuck on his head. He reaches up and pulls it off.

You’re looking extremely hot today ;)

His cheeks are a light shade of red after he reads the words. He looks up only to see that Jack’s holding his own note. Alex’s his eyes land on the retreating form of Martin Johnson, one hand shoved into the pocket of jeans and the other holding a pad of pink post-it notes.

“Fuck, he’s doing this again?” Alex mumbles. Martin did this last year – leaving notes all over the place. He speaks only through the post-its. “What’s yours say?”

“That I need to shower. You?”

Alex frowns. “Um… that I look extremely hot today. He’s such a creep.”

“Eww, why would he say that? You’re far from hot.”

Rolling his eyes, Alex shoves the note into his pocket and forgets about it.

He forgets about it up until sound check. He’s waiting for Jack and Rian to show up when Martin walks behind him, slapping him on the ass.

“What the fuck, Martin?! Stop harassing me!” Alex shouts as Martin walks away. He pulls the post-it off of his jeans and blushes hard at the words – You have such a cute ass.

Zack appears by his side, holding his own pink note. He hands it to Alex who takes it and reads, ‘Stop working out, it’s creepy.’

“Do you think it’s creepy?” Zack questions, looking slightly depressed at the thought.

“‘Course not. He’s just being-”

“Wait – does yours say you have a cute ass?” Zack asks, looking over Alex’s shoulder. “That’s so weird. I think he’s trying to tell you something…”

Alex opens his mouth to respond, but instead of his voice, he hears Jack shouting from behind him.

“Fuck you, Martin! I haven’t showered in a week and I don’t plan on it!”

*

After their set later that day, Alex looking for entertainemnt. He started out by the All Time Low Bus, headed over to the merch tent, and now he’s found himself watching Boys Like Girls’ performance. He’s standing on the side of the stage, watching as Martin jumps around and reaches into the crowd, causing all of the girls to scream.

When Martin looks towards the side and his eyes land on Alex, he laughs a bit as he’s singing and then blows a kiss his way. Alex feels his heart flutter, and he suddenly feels a bit light headed.

Alex is pretty sure that Martin doesn’t do that to everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two will be out laterrr :)