Post-It

Two of Two

Over the next few days, Alex finds a number of post-it notes all over the place. The morning after Martin blew him a kiss on stage, Alex found one in the fridge. It read ‘you me @ 6’. Alex wasn’t sure what exactly to make of it, so he just ignored it, like he did all the other notes.

Later that night, around 11:30, Martin approached him, shoved a post-it down his t-shirt, and then walked off. Alex watched as he stuck a note onto Jack’s forehead as he walked past before looking down to read what Martin wrote to him. 'I do not appreciate being stood up gaskank ;)'.

Alex called out, but the singer didn’t turn around. He kept walking in the direction of his bus, ignoring Alex’s calls. Alex shrugged and tossed the paper into the closest garbage before walking in the direction of his own bus. If Martin didn’t want to just be upfront about it, then why should Alex bother?’

It's two days later and Alex has had it. He wakes up only to find that his pillow has been stuffed with the stupid pink papers. He pulls out each one, laying them out in his bunk. Each post-it has a single letter, and Alex wants to pull his hair out in frustration. How the fuck is he supposed to figure out what it’s supposed to say? He gathers the notes and climbs out of his bunk, heading into the front lounge. Sitting on the couch is Rian, and digging through the fridge is Zack.

“Good morning, princess,” Rian greets, shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. Alex notices a note from Martin stuck to the side of his bowl. He doesn’t bother to find out what it says. He drops his own notes down onto the table before Rian.

“Help me decipher this.”

“How many are there?”

“Thirteen plus a question mark.”

“Shit… Okay, give me a few minutes.”

Alex walks over to the fridge and shoves Zack out of his way. The bassist makes a grunt of annoyance, but allows Alex to have his way.

“What is this?” Alex questions, spotting a note stuck to the carton of milk. He pulls it off and reads out loud, “'Read this first – I know it’s early but…'” He looks up at Rian, “What the hell?”

“Well, I’m assuming that it’s from Martin to you, meaning that you should read that post-it before putting together these,” He gestures at the many notes on the table. “It’s just a guess, though.” Rian continues to move the notes around the table, trying to put together words that make sense.

Alex watches, putting his own input in every so often, until he finally comes up with something. “I think one word is valentine,” he says, blushing. “I’m not sure, though…”

“Yeah… I think you’re right.” Rian forms the word out on the table and looks at the remaining letters. “Um… Well that’s adorable.”

“What?” Alex asks desperately, “What’s it say?!”

Rian moves the letters to their right position and Alex reads the words formed.

‘Be my valentine?’

“Aww, Alex! That’s so cute!” Zack reaches over and pinches Alex’s cheeks. “You should go find him and respond!”

Alex is sort of shocked, to say the least. Why the hell did Martin go through all of this trouble just to say that? He makes a quick decision. “Do we have any post-it notes?”

*

An hour later, Alex has made a single post-it with one word written on it – his answer for Martin. He wanders around the venue – he’s pretty sure they’re somewhere in North Carolina – and finally finds the Boys Like Girls bus. He knocks on the door and a few seconds later, Paul answers.

“What do you want, skank?" Paul teases, holding the door open for Alex.

Alex doesn’t walk in, though. “Is Martin in there?” He asks, leaning to his left to see around Paul.

“Nah, he’s been walking around since we got here. Something about maybe buying more notepads, or some shit.”

“Oh… Okay then. I’m going to see if I can find him.”

“Remind him that we go on at 1 today, yeah?”

Alex shrugs, knowing that that’s one of the last things that will be on his mind once he finds Martin. He walks past the merch area where bands are setting up their tents. He spots Flyzik yelling at Vinny for some reason, and Alex rolls his eyes. Flyzik is a bitch sometimes. But yet, he keeps the band together.

Finally, after a good half an hour of searching, Alex finds Martin hanging around the food tent. Sticking out of the older boys’ back pocket is a brand new pack of neon orange post-its. Alex smiles. He taps Martin on the shoulder and when he turns around, he smiles as well.

“Hey, Alex.”

It’s the first thing Martin has said to him out loud in the past week, and Alex adores the way his voice sounds. But, instead of speaking out loud like Martin, Alex simply holds up the mess of notes that Martin left him to decipher.

“So, did you figure out what I was trying to say?”

“I did, yeah… And I have an answer.” Alex pulls the note he made earlier on the bus out of his pocket and holds it up for Martin to read.

Right in the center of the paper is the word ‘Absolutely’ in bold black letters. He takes it and sticks it on his chest, right over his heart. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

leave comments <33