Thrills To Spare

Princess

“Daddy! This one smells again!” Chloe announced, pointing a dainty finger down at her little brother with her precious face screwed in disgust.

“Chloe Marie they have names!” Jordan reminded as he entered the boys’ nursery to see Chloe looking at Gavin through the bars of his crib with an unamused look on her face.

“Gabby smells.” She retaliated, placing her hands on her hips as she peered down at her little brother before looking up at Jordan who was trying to keep a smile from his face. Chloe was now three and a half, making her younger brothers just over a year old, and she was full of her mother’s attitude. Jordan swooped his precious and only girl up into his arms, kissing her soft cheek before looking down at Gavin Marc who was dead asleep in his crib. Gavin slept like a log unlike his brother, Spencer Jared who was rather finicky and could be woken up by the slightest of noises, causing Jordan to sweep his girl out of the nursery and down the hall again.

“Be quiet, Cho.” He insisted, running his fingers through her soft hair that she still kept long and wispy, but now, with tiny side-swept bangs that sometimes fell in her crystal blue eyes.

“You said we could go and see Uncle Siddy today.” She pointed a tiny, manicured finger in his direction. Earlier in the week, Phoebe took her only girl to the spa with her to get her cute finger and toenails painted a delicate shade of pink. Chloe loved being fawned over and the way that the women at the spa commented on how cute and precious she was as she sat nice and quietly.

Soon after arriving home from their spa trip, Chloe declared she wanted to be a princess when she grew up and get her toenails painted a different color every day.

“Uncle Sid and Auntie Kara are coming over later with baby Emmy.” He assured as he carried her back into her bedroom to get her ready for the day seeing as she was still dressed in her Alice in Wonderland nightgown. He changed her into a flowy emerald green skirt that reached her feet as well as a tiny white v-neck. Chloe piled on her favorite pink costume jewelry as Jordan picked up her hairbrush and eyed the blonde locks carefully.

“Piggies.” She asked politely, sitting on the stool of her tiny vanity as he kneeled behind her, two hair binders in hand as he began to carefully brushed her hair, knowing how quickly that could go south as soon as he hit a snarl. Jordan was the master of pigtails, pigtails were easy, it was the braids that really fucked with him. “Thanks Daddy.” She smiled, pecking his cheek before he could turn around on his knees as she latched onto his back.

“You hungry?” He asked, glancing at his watch to see that I was just about twenty after one and Phoebe had been out with Dylan all morning running errands. Later, Jordan would bring Dylan to his Mini-Mites practice, the only kid wearing the top of the line Bauer gear out on the ice where he and Sidney would watch on from the back of the arena, their hats pulled down low over their eyes.

“I could eat.” Chloe nodded as she took her seat on the granite countertop between the blender and the refrigerator. “Will you makes grilled cheeses? Those are Uncle Siddy’s favorite.” She smiled, batting her long, translucent lashes as she spoke of her Godfather that she was hopelessly in love with.

“I happen to be the master of grilled cheese.” Jordan insisted, “and I can even make better ones than Sidney.” He pointed out.

“I don’t know Daddy, sometimes, Uncle Siddy puts cheese between my French toasts, that’s my favorite.” She said illustrating with that same pointer finger as she swung her legs against the cherry wood cabinets carelessly. Kara and Sidney loved to take Chloe, Dylan, or both over to their home for a long weekend every once and a while just to spend time with their family, and also, give Phoebe and Jordan time to catch up on household things and watch over the twins with a little more attention. “And, and, Uncle Siddy, when we watches movies, he shakes the spaghetti cheese over our popcorn, it’s so good, Daddy.” She gushed, making Jordan roll his eyes at the fact that Uncle Siddy could do no wrong.

“What about my pancakes, huh? Or when I make your favorite strawberry smoothies? Or your absolute favorite when I make chicken pot pie and leave the carrots out just for you, huh?” He grinned, heating up the griddle to make some of his famous three-cheese grilled cheese.

“Okay, well… maybe you make better foodies, Daddy, but don’t tell Uncle Siddy or you’ll hurt his feelings. And it’s bad to hurt people’s feelings, Daddy, that’s what I learned from Dora.” She said, twisting the bottom of her ruffled green skirt in her hands.

“Scout’s honor.” He grinned at how cute his baby girl was. Chloe was so talkative and he could honestly listen to her gab all day. He missed all the silly ideas and things that spilled from the lips of children her age since Dylan slowly became more of an observer than a participator in conversation. He also loved the way that with this particular Staal, her thoughts and tiny voice were so feminine, he liked the way she’d twirl her hair around her finger as she ranted and the expressions were twice as strong whether they be of affection or disgust as she talked.

“Mommy.” Chloe giggled as Phoebe and Dylan entered the kitchen, a few bags in Phoebe’s hands as she craned her neck to kiss Jordan sweetly on his lips.

“Hey babe.” Phoebe smiled, leaning down to kiss Chloe’s puckered lips.

“Dylie, catch me!” Chloe squealed as she launched herself form the countertop into her big brother’s form. This was nothing new to Dylan Staal seeing as his little sister loved to climb all over him and he quickly caught her as best he could before they both fell down to the tile of the kitchen floor.

“Thanks.” He mumbled as he straightened the both of them out while Phoebe disappeared upstairs to unpack her findings and check in on Gavin and Spencer.

“Chlo, don’t jump on your brother.” Jordan insisted as he buttered up pieces of bread to sizzle on the griddle.

“But I like it.” She giggled as Dylan exited the kitchen, going up to his room where he’d probably nap until Uncle Sid and Auntie Kara came over for dinner. “Daddy, hold me.” She demanded softly before he could lean down to place her on his hip as he layered cheddar, marble jack, and Gouda slices onto the bread.

“Try this.” He said, holding up a tiny piece of Gouda to her lips. She nibbled it sweetly before nodding and taking a bigger bite.

“I like that.” She nodded. “What’s Mommy making for dinner tonight?” She asked, tilting her head as Jordan walked over to the fridge to see what they had for fruit.

“I think she and Auntie Kara are going to either make something together or we’ll order something. Do you want anything in particular?” He asked, peeling open a banana to share with his daughter.

“I want Dino-Nuggets.” She giggled excitedly as she played with Jordan’s hair that was overdue for a cut.

“Well, I don’t think Mommy wants Dino-Nuggets.” Jordan laughed softly as she zoomed in on a particular hair, rolling it between her dainty fingers. “I was thinking more along the lines of pizza or maybe Chinese?” He asked, walking back over to the griddle to flip their sandwiches.

“Oh, oh! I want creamy cheesey puffs, Daddy! Creamy puffs and um… what’s that stuff I likes?” She asked, tilting her head cutely.

“Egg Foo Young.” Jordan grinned, scooting the sandwiches along onto two plates.

“That does not sound right.” Chloe shook her head in the negative as Jordan propped her in a dining room chair as he placed a plate with a sandwich down in front of her.

“Well I’ll ask Mommy just to double check, but I think that’s it, baby doll.” He grinned. “Now eat your sandwich, I’m gonna go bring some up to Dylie and Mommy.” He kissed her forehead gently. Jordan did just as he said, bringing a sandwich on a plate up to his first-born son who was sitting on his bed, watching a movie that Phoebe had started. “Eat up, big guy.” Jordan said, placing the plate in his son’s lap as he pushed his hair back from his face, kissing his forehead softly. “Pizza or Chinese for dinner?” He asked, leaning in the doorway as Dylan instantly began snacking on the grilled cheese.

“Chinese.” Dylan responded simply, causing Jordan to nod and disappear down the hallway.

“New panties?” Jordan asked, peeking his head into the closet where Phoebe was putting away a few necessities for Jordan like white under shirts and black socks. She giggled and shook her head as he set the plate on the folding island in the closet and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I missed you this morning.” He said, kissing her cheek tenderly, not stopping his hands from traveling up her stomach to fondle her chest softly.

“Jordan.” She smiled as he stuck his scruffy face into her neck. “And if by new panties I mean new boxers for you, then yes! Lots of new panties!” She teased as he puffed into her skin.

“Let’s push the kids on Sid tonight, we need some alone time.” Jordan insisted, wasting no time in sliding his hand back down her stomach and into the waistband of her jeans.

“Baby, you know we can’t do that.” She insisted, inhaling sharply as his fingertips passed the band of her panties.

“But we can try.” He pouted, latching his lips to her neck, suckling her skin softly.

“Baby, don’t give me a hickey!” She laughed.

“No, I like it, it’s like being in high school again.” He mumbled into her neck with a grin before biting her skin tenderly. “I wish we would have gone to school together.” He added thoughtfully. “We could have had some awesome sex behind the bleachers. You could have been my sexy tutor.” He laughed, making Phoebe laugh as well.

“Yeah right, I would have been way out of your league in high school.” She teased as she stepped away from him, folding up the paper bags.

“You’re probably right.” He commented, making her giggle even more. “Poor me.” He sighed, trapping her in his arms again as she tried to exit the closet. “But seriously, next weekend, you and I at the Pittsburgh Hilton, top floor suite, some flutes of champagne, I can get some strawberries and chocolate sent up.” He all but purred into her neck, pecking her hickey a few more times.

“I’ll see what I can do.” She blushed, loving how romantic husband could be even after seven years of marriage and could only hope that it lasted for another seventy more years.

•••

“Uncle Siddy!” Chloe all but screamed as he appeared on the back patio, diaper bag over his shoulder as well as a gift bag in his hand.

“Hey baby girl.” Sidney smiled as he effortlessly caught her tiny body, hoisting her up onto his hip before she could attack him with kisses.

“Did you bring me presents? You always bring me presents.” She explained as she tried her hardest to peek into the bag he was carrying that was pink and floral, no doubt a gift for her and not for one of her three brothers.

“Chlo, be polite.” Phoebe scolded from her patio seat, Spencer in her arms as Jordan mirrored her appearance on the other side of the patio with Gavin in his arms, Dylan by his side as he played with his Hot Wheels along the cement that lined the pool.

“It’s true, Mama! Uncle Siddy always brings me presents because I’m his favorite, right Uncle Siddy?” She asked, looking back to Sindey who had a big smile spread across his face, making her big blue eyes wide and innocent.

“Of course you’re my favorite.” He kissed her forehead again, setting the diaper bag down on the patio table, switching Chloe to his other hip before handing her the gift bag.

“New colors!” She squealed excitedly at the new Disney Princess coloring book as well as a box of two-hundred Crayola Crayons. “Thank you!” She threw her tiny arms around Sidney’s neck, squeezing him tightly as he hugged her tightly back.

“No problem, babe.” He smiled, setting her down so she could go color by her mother’s feet, leaning back against Phoebe’s legs.

“Hi Auntie Kara.” Dylan smiled as Kara followed out shortly behind, a carrier in her arms with a sound asleep baby girl whose head was covered in thick, dark curls and soft, pudgy cheeks.

“Hi sweetie.” She smiled, immediately walking over to the vacant chair beside Phoebe. “Pheeb.” She greeted her best friend with a kiss on the cheek, taking the sleeping little girl from the carrier and settling her in her arms, coddling her softly a she remained asleep.

“Max just said, he’d come by for something to eat.” Jordan announced, sliding his cell back into his pocket, adjusting Gavin’s tiny hooded sweatshirt. “Do you care if we grill or something?” He asked, nodding over his shoulder to where his coveted Viking Grill sat under it’s cover.

“Of course, honey.” Phoebe smiled, “less work for me.” She laughed. “Max is coming by?” She asked of Jordan’s teammate who was full of character and of course, pick up lines.

“Yeah, he wants to see the boys.” He laughed, remember the last time Uncle Max was over and his attempts to teach Dylan how to pick up the ladies in style, taking him around the block in his little BMW sportster. “And Max will always show up for free food.”

“Trade?” Kara grinned as they each held their children.

“Of course.” Phoebe laughed as she shifted little Gavin into Kara’s lap before taking a sleeping Emmanuelle or Emmy Crosby from Kara’s arms just as she began to stir awake. “Good morning, sweetheart.” Phoebe smiled at she and Jordan’s Goddaughter. “Oh you are so precious.” She sighed, cradling the little girl’s head to her chest, lightly tousling her adorable curls.

“Kinda makes you want another, huh?” Jordan joked from his seat, ignoring the glare Phoebe sent him as Spencer awoke, ready for attention. It was easy to tell the Staal twins apart. Spencer was needy and loved attention, and also loved to pull loose strings from sweaters and couches while Gavin was a very content and easy baby, the kind you’d forget was in a room because he could keep so quiet. Other than that they were both completely identical from their white blonde hair, crystal blue eyes and tiny cleft chins.

“You’re funny.” Phoebe narrowed her eyes. A few months after Spencer and Gavin were born and Phoebe and her husband were having an intimate night, he commented about how he forgot to buy more condoms and that he would pull out in time. Sure enough, Jordan did not make good on his promise, Phoebe had to take a plan B pill and Jordan was sleeping on the couch for the rest of the week.

“Hello?” Jordan answered his phone, “hey, yeah of course… seven, right? Okay, we’ll be there, all six of us.” He nodded, piquing Phoebe’s interest. “See you then, yep, love you too, bye.” He hung up. “Just Marc making sure we were flying in at the right time.” He looked over at Phoebe.

“Oh, you guys are flying up to New York?” Kara asked as Jordan’s eyes grew wide at Sidney.

“Of course we are, Kare.” Phoebe looked at her best friend oddly. “For Marc’s wedding.”

“Marc’s what?
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so sorry i haven't updated this in SO long!
especially to phoebe, sorry girl!
my next update will be the FINAL chapter of Adam
a new story will be posted before the end of the week and then oshie will be updated as well!
thank you all so much!
i'd love to hear from all of you to make sure you're all still reading! <3