Thrills To Spare

Thrills to Spare

“I do.” Phoebe smiled, tears in her eyes as the priest, a recently ordained Billy G., gave them the green light.

“By the power vested in me, by the state of Pittsburgh, I now pronounce you husband and wife… again.” He grinned. “You may kiss the bride.” He finished, just in time for Jordan to grab her hips, encircling his arm around her waist and dipping her down low before planting a hot one on her lips. The audience burst into cheers and hollers as Dylan reached over and covered Chloe’s eyes. All five of the Staal children sat in the first row of seats settled in the lush green grass of the courtyard beyond the Omni William Penn Hotel.

The gardens were beautifully groomed, the flowers in full bloom, and the weather was perfect for a second wedding. Dylan, going on eight years old, held JJ in his arms all during the ceremony, Sidney helping him put him back into the carrier as everyone made their way to the other side of the hotel for the reception.

The Pavilion was decorated in all sorts of shades of purple and flowers as they party moved.

“Daddy, I want kisses.” Chloe frowned, reaching up to Jordyn in her tiny purple dress, small white daisies worked into the braid of her blonde hair. Jordan grinned, sweeping his little girl up into his arms and pecking all over her giggly face. Phoebe held the hands of each of her little twins as Dylan walked beside Sidney who carried JJ in his carrier.

Everyone clapped and raised their glasses as the renewed couple arrived along with their family.

“You’re so beautiful.” Jordan smiled at Phoeve, even under all the make up, the expensive dress and the long curls, he could see his Phoebe. “How did I ever get so lucky with you?” He asked, pressing his nose into her soft cheek and grinning, closing his eyes. They could both hear the shutter of the camera from the professional photographer, and Phoebe knew right away that would be her favorite.

“I guess you have your brother to thank.” She giggled as he pulled back, kissing his lips gently, meaning only to give him a peck, but he demanded so much more, molding his lips to hers and making her heart flutter.

“You’re mine.” He whispered just in time for a waiter from the catering service to hand them each a flute of champagne.

“Can I have a sip?” Dylan asked, reaching for the glass.

“No, this is for grown ups, but look, she has some soda, go grab one.” Jordan said, patting Dylan on the back gently, pointing out a waitress who had a tray full of Coke and Sprite in glass bottles. “And get one for your sister!” Jordan called as Dylan walked away. They weren’t nervous to have him walk alone; friends and family surrounded them.

“Oh, food.” Phoebe grinned excitedly, grabbing a handful of small hors d’ouvres, sharing them with Spencer as he settled on his Mama’s hip, all four of the boys dressed to the nines in their tiny tuxedos. Chloe was tickled pink that she got to pick out and wear a brand new dress, the perfect shade of purple to match her brother’s bowties.

It was a great party, live music, a free photo booth, an open bar (as per Max’s request), and delicious food from the nicest catering business in all of Pennsylvania.

Ma chérie, vous me faites l'honneur d'une danse?” Max purred into Phoebe’s ear, making her blush and giggle, in turn, making Jordan roll his eyes.

“Y’know, even after all this time, I still have no idea what you’re saying, but I don’t want you to stop.” Phoebe said, eyes twinkling with a laugh. “I hope your wife doesn’t mind.” She added, nodding her head over to where Joyce, his wife of four years sat, entertaining their two-year-old son who wore a tiny linen pants suit.

Oui, ce qu'elle ne sait pas, ne nuira pas à son.” He winked, making Spencer look at his mother oddly after glancing between her and the hairy Frenchman with a questioning look, tightening his grip around her just a little more.

“You got that right.” Jordan mumbled, taking Spencer from Phoebe and making his way over to a table, a twin on each hip. He set them up with something to eat and an apple juice for each as Sidney took his side in a chair, JJ resting in his lap.

“Hey big man.” Jordan smiled down at his namesake.

“Hey Jord.” Sidney giggled, making the blonde roll his eyes. “So, this many years later, and Max still romances your woman better than you.” He joked. The two looked out to where Max was spinning the bride all over the dance floor, talking a mile a minute with that grin on his face that would make you question his motive if he weren’t already madly in love and married.

“He’s a piece of work.” Jordan nodded with a sigh, stealing a piece of marinated carpaccio atop a slice of garlic toast with a horseradish garnish, popping it into his mouth and chewing satisfactorily. “But something tells me she’s taken.” He grinned.

“Now that you’ve done this, I’m really gonna have to step it up with Kara. Thanks, jerk.” Sidney laughed, nudging his shoulder into Jordan’s as Gavin crawled up into Sidney’s lap.

“I’m hungry.” He stated, glancing between Sidney at the plate of food he had brought over with his little brother.
“Well alright then.” Sidney laughed, pushing the plate towards the little blonde who began munching away on the expensive finger foods, wishing it were something bigger like Daddy’s steaks or Mama’s chicken pot pie.

Chloe flounced over to the table, pushing Gavin out of his seat and crawling into Sidney’s lap, placing her elbow on the table, her head in her hand and staring at Jordan intently for a few moments. The two men looked down at her and finally Jordan cracked.

“Do you need something baby girl?” He laughed, reaching out to brush a few of her baby hairs out of her face, careful not to disturb her pretty braid.

“I don’t care what Mama says, I think your head looks just fine, Daddy!” Chloe smiled, batting her lashes at her father.

“What are you taking about?” Jordan asked with a laugh, taking a drink of his champagne.

“Well Mama told Uncle Max that you’re always thinking with your little head! But I think your head looks normal, Daddy!” She smiled charmingly, making Sidney snort and start to choke on his pop, erupting into a hearty belly laugh that drew attention.

“First of all, that man is not your Uncle, and second, thank you.” Jordan laughed, leaning down to peck her tiny lips softly. “You always were on my side, baby.” He complimented, making her giggle before resting her head back against Sidney’s chest.

“Oh, time for food.” Jordan grinned as the waiting staff started ushering people into the ballroom. The couple had picked filet mignon, butternut squash ravioli with asparagus, fresh veggies and Cornish game hens for supper. Sidney and Kara had volunteered months prior to sit with all the children as Jordan and Phoebe sat at their own tiny table.

Dinner was magnificent, only to be stopped a few times as the large crowd would tap their forks against their glasses until the couple kissed. Then came the speech from the best man.

“I remember the day after Jordan first met Phoebe.” Sidney began with a grin, making Jordan blushed for what he was about to announce. “He came into practice and shouted to the room that he had found the woman he ‘wouldn’t mind making a couple babies with’.” He finished, causing the whole room to laugh goodheartedly, and making both parties of the bridal party blush furiously. “And, well, they had more than a couple.” He winked at Phoebe who raised her glass to him. “But in all seriousness, when I saw them together, how they interacted, and how much they really loved one another, I aspired to have a love like theirs. Deep, understanding, unquestionable, and unending.” Phoebe wiped at her eyes lightly as Jordan put his arm around her. “Jordan and Phoebe made me believe in a soul mate.” He paused to look over to Kara who was getting rather teary-eyed as well. “Because they are truly one soul in two bodies. For as long as Jordan and I have been friends, he’s been an unselfish team player. I have no doubt in my mind, that his commitment and determination are probably what Phoebe first saw in him; and maybe the muscles had something to do with it.” He laughed. “Jordan, Phoebe,” he raised his glass, making each person in the ballroom raise their glasses as well. “I know that if your next ninety years of marriage have been anything like the previous, I know you will have eternal happiness, love, and laughter.” He finished his toast.

Phoebe, a blubbering mess, looked over to Sidney with a watery smile, mouthing a ‘thank you’ to him as she raised her glass.

Dinner had finished and Jordan and Phoebe slowly made their way over to the cake, each of them wrapped up in one another as they cut small pieces to feed one another.

“I could think of a few others things we could do with this.” Jordan grinned. “But I suppose that’s me just thinking with my little head.” He added, making Phoebe’s face flush a deep crimson.

“Out of the mouths of babes, right?” She bit her lip before he could kiss her gently. The room applauded again as they fed each other small pieces before sharing a sugary kiss.

The rest of the patrons received their cake and Jordan and his bride sat with their children, helping them eat small pieces as Phoebe fed JJ a bottle. She looked down at the boy who was a complete clone of his father, with just the tiniest tint of darker hair and new that she would have trouble in the future. If he grew up to be anything like his Daddy, their phone would be ringing nonstop. She also hoped that all of her children would grow up to find a love like theirs, and to live a full and happy life.

“And now, it’s time for the bride and groom to share their first… well, second dance.” The leader of the band invited them out from the dining area a good while later to the dance floor.

Phoebe’s stomach filled with butterflies at the look Jordan was giving her as he held her hand out to the dance floor, the back beat of their song starting up – like a sixteen year old out on her first date with the quarter back of the football team.

This will be an everlasting love. This will be the one I’ve waited for.

“Everyone in the room is jealous of me right now.” Jordan grinned as they swayed together to the song. “I wish… you could feel what I feel right now, like I’ve just won the Stanley Cup ten times over, but it’s better, because you’re my prize.” He added, blinking softly.

I’m so glad he found me in time. And I’m so glad that he rectified my mind.

“I feel like this is all a dream, a crazy, beautiful, wonderful dream. But when I wake up each morning, you’re there, and I realize that I’m the luckiest woman in the world. I have an amazing husband, who gave me five, gorgeous children. And you love me, and that’s all I can ask for.” She whispered out as everyone in the room watched on tenderly.

This will be an everlasting love for me, whoa, loving you is some kind of wonderful; because you’ve shown me just how much you care.

“We have forever. I’m so happy I get my forever with you.” He rest his forehead against hers. “It’s going to be loud and fast and flawed and flawless all at the same time.” He laughed gently. “But it’s going to be with you, and you make it perfect.”

You’ve given me the thrill of a lifetime, and made me believe you’ve got more thrills to spare, oh!

You’ve brought a lot of sunshine into my life, you’ve filled me with happiness I never knew. You gave me more joy than I ever dreamed of, and no one, no one, can take the place of you!

This will be, yes siree, eternally, huggin’ and squeezin’ and kissin’ and pleasin’ together forever through rain or whatever! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! Long as I’m living’ true love I’ll be givin’ you!

You and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
455 readers
123 subscribers
and all of you are beautiful =]
i'm so sad to see this one go, i got so very choked up writing the end.
to my lovely phoebe, i hope this story was everything you wanted it to be <3
thank you all so much for loving this story as much as i did, it means so much to me!
and to all of my loyal, gorgeous penguins fans, don't leave me! i'm working on a Kris Letang story just for you :)
thank you all again and again
<3 kara