Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Lisa's POV



~*~Lisa’s P.O.V~*~

“Lisa? It’s five-thirty.”

“Ok,” I said sleepily.

I groaned, stretched and got up. I threw on my usual attire and headed
downstairs.

“What’s up?” Sheri asked.

“Nothing. Anything new?” I asked, grabbing a bottle of water.

“I went to that diner. He’s gonna start training me next week.”

“Cool. You gonna be ok tonight?”

“Yeah.”

“Just keep the doors locked. Don’t answer if you hear someone knock. Call me if you need anything.”

“Alrighty. Be careful tonight.”

I nodded and headed out, right as my cell rang.

“Hey, Lin.”

“Hey. Can you stop in? I want you to train someone.”

“Cool. I just left. I’ll be there shortly.”

“I can send my son to pick you up.”

“It’s ok. I’ll be there in twenty.” I hung up.

I turned and headed towards the office. I found Linda talking to someone. She looked about my height. Wearing all black, and long brown hair neatly pulled into a ponytail. Linda saw me and pointed.

“Hey, Lisa. This is Stephanie, she’s gonna come with you tonight, and maybe tomorrow.”

“Cool. Hey, Stephanie.” I held out my hand.

“Stephanie, you’re gonna be working with a real pro. Probably a legend.”

“Oh, please,” I said.

“Well, I explained most of it to her. She’s itching’ to get out there.”

“I am,” Stephanie said.

“Take care you two.”

The two of us headed out.

“Any questions?” I asked.

“Not really. Linda told me just about everything.”

“Cool. So…how’d you get into a job like this? You don’t exactly fill out an
application, or see a help wanted sign.”

“Kevin.”

“Zegers?”

“I guess. I don’t know his last name. Says he knows you, kinda feminine.”

“Yeah, that’s him.” I chuckled. “I think he likes me.”

“I think everyone likes you. I never saw anyone in this line of work as pretty as you.”

“Aww, thanks.”

“Anyway. He saved my life. I was attacked in the park. It was weird. The attacker he…stared at me. The next thing I knew, I was looking at Kevin. I was laying on the ground,
the guy was dead.”

“It can be hard to kill one of them. When they go back to human form, they look
so innocent.”

“Have you ever been attacked by someone close to you?”

“Not really, but I’ve seen loved ones get attacked. That’s how I got into this.”

“My attacker…he was…my brother. It hurt my mom when she found out.”

“At least you have family close to you. When I was sixteen, I saw my mom get
killed. We were hanging out. I moved away to live with Linda. She was a family friend. I
came back when I learned my twin brother was back. I lived with him for a while. When we were twenty-one, we were at the park. We got attacked. I watched him die, but they left me alone. I decided I had to do something so I contacted Linda, and she got me here.”

“Wow. So, you live alone?”

“Nah. I got my dog, plus this girl Max and I saved the other night. She was
homeless, so I let her stay with me. You’ll meet her soon. She’s getting a job at this diner we all stop at on our shifts.”

“Diner?”

“Yeah. It’s open all night. We gotta eat.”

“Cool.”

We talked nonstop for most of the night. At midnight, we went to eat. Nothing out of the ordinary, until about two a.m.

“Looks like our friend Max is having fun,” I said. “Watch how he handles it. He fights it to weaken it. If you immediately go stabbing, it’ll be harder. They’re strong, so they need to tire out.”

“Ohh. Wow, he’s good.”

“One of the best. He taught me.”

“Cool.”

I chuckled and looked down to check if my gun was loaded.

“Lisa! He needs help!” Stephanie said.