Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Lisa's POV



*~Lisa’s P.O.V~*
I woke up at about two-thirty. I showered, got dressed and headed downstairs. It was quiet, so I assumed Sheri was still asleep. I scribbled down a note and headed out. Down the main street and to the café. I grabbed a table and waited.

“What’s up?”

I looked up at a smiling Frank. He seemed happy that I showed up. He took a
seat. Awkward silence.

“Do you like me?” I asked before I could stop it.

“Uhh…”

“I didn’t mean to put you on the spot. I just wanted to know.”

I saw him blush a little.

“Well, I want to get to know you. Answer me this, are you scared of having a boyfriend?”

“I don’t have time for one.”

“What if he understood your job?”

“Maybe.”

“Can we hang out more?”

“Like where?”

“I wanna take you somewhere in a couple days. Although, I want it to be-”

“Not at night. Work.”

“Can I come with you that night? Saturday?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t wanna get in trouble.”

“It’s my mom. You won’t. Come on.”

I sighed. “Fine, but only until midnight. After twelve, I’m gone.”

“Deal.”

We talked for another h our, then I left to start my rounds. As I left, he pulled me and kissed me on my cheek. I also could’ve sworn I heard him sniffing, just once though. Then we went our separate ways. I had a huge smile on my face as I watched the sky start out orange, to pink, to dark blue, then black.