Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Lisa's POV



~ ~Lisa’s P.O.V.~ ~

After two more eventless nights, I was excited it was Saturday. Sheri wasn’t feeling good, so she was staying home. I said to call if she needed anything, then I headed out. Frank called me and told me where to meet him. I went to the park at ten and met him. He seemed troubled though.

“Hey,” I said.

“Ready?” he asked, smiling.

“Yep.” We started to walk. “So, where we going?”

“You’ll see.”

We walked in silence. I would glance at him and see his unhappy expression.

“What’s wrong? You seem troubled.”

“Huh? Oh, nothing. I’m fine.”

“But not a very good liar.”

“I’m fine.”

I nodded and shut up. I had a chance to get a good guy, and I didn’t want to blow it. There was another period of time listening to my boots tap the cement. I glanced over at him again. His hands were shoved in his jeans pockets. There was something about him. Something mysterious. Whatever it was, I liked it.

“How much longer?” I asked, looking at my watch.

“Not much.”

“I have to say, I’m shocked I haven’t met you before, because I lived with Linda for two years. After my mom died.”

“I’m never really home much. I usually stay with my friends.”

“Oh. I’ve never seen you with your friends.”

“You’ll meet them. Maybe tomorrow we can meet somewhere.”

“Lunch? I dunno. It’s awfully quiet out tonight, isn’t it?”

“A little.”

“Not much going on in the last month. What?” I noticed he stopped walking.

“Here, come on.”

I looked at the cemetery gates. I was a bit skeptical. Through the darkness, I saw his smile. A warm smile. Trust me, it said. I looked at my watch. It was eleven-thirty.

“Come on, it won’t take long.”

I stepped towards him and we walked in. We wandered for a bit then he stopped. I looked at the mausoleum.

“Someone special to you?” I turned my head to him, standing behind me.

“In a way, yes. The reason I wanted you to come here was because I have some friends that want to meet you.”

His voice sounded hurt. I looked and saw his head hanging. I was about to ask him what was wrong, but a voice rang out.